Tasting Samples.....how Do You Do This?

Business By camomama5 Updated 9 Dec 2011 , 3:18am by rere0726

camomama5 Posted 8 Dec 2011 , 2:41pm
post #1 of 5

Just wondering what everybody else does for their tastings. What if you do not have back to back tastings and you only have one at a time? How do you do that so you do not have to make entire cakes with the matching icings multiplied times how many choices you are giving for flavors? Do you freeze just the cake? Mini cakes? Thank you!

4 replies
jgifford Posted 8 Dec 2011 , 3:16pm
post #2 of 5
bmarlow001 Posted 8 Dec 2011 , 4:48pm
post #3 of 5

I do 3 samples and just make mini cakes that they can take home and with the rest of the batter I make little 8' cakes which I never have any problem getting rid of icon_smile.gif My family loves when I have tastings!! lol

camomama5 Posted 8 Dec 2011 , 5:16pm
post #4 of 5

Doesn't that mean you have to make 3 separate flavors of cake along with 3 separate flavors of icing? And all that for one tasting? Don't get me wrong.....that's what I do right now. I just thought there might be a more cost effective (and not SO time consuming) way. Thanks so much for your input. I always appreciate the help I get here.

rere0726 Posted 9 Dec 2011 , 3:18am
post #5 of 5

I'm new at this to but here's my idea. Can you make mini cakes or cupcakes and get the same taste? What ever you have left over I'm sure that your family would enjoy the remaining cupcakes or you can give as samples for other people to try.

Quote by @%username% on %date%