123 Sugar Cookie Formula?

Baking By RheaCakeQueen Updated 5 Jan 2012 , 3:31am by ryanmike

RheaCakeQueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RheaCakeQueen Posted 7 Dec 2011 , 4:55am
post #1 of 6

Ok, somewhere on here, there was a post with a formula for sugar cookies that did not spread. The poster said that it was a ratio I think of Butter (1) :Sugar (2) :Flour (3) I think, with an egg for every three cups of flour? I don't remember but I marked that post as one to follow, but it isn't in my posts I am following list anymore.

Does anyone know what I am talking about? Do I have the ratio/recipe correct? I really need a NO spread cookie recipe and so far every one I have tried does spread and I have a cookie cutter with center holes... if the cookie spreads, the holes fill in and that defeats the point! Thanks for the help!

5 replies
fishabel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fishabel Posted 7 Dec 2011 , 8:06am
post #2 of 6

This may be what you where talking about. I've got it in my favourite recipes. I found it on CC by Jackie.
NFSC

fishabel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fishabel Posted 7 Dec 2011 , 8:12am
post #3 of 6

I just went and looked for the recipe but couldn't find it. Maybe because of the new set up. Here it is-
No Fail Sugar Cookies NFSC

Ingredients
6 cups flour
3 tsp. baking powder
2 cups unsalted butter
2 cups sugar (white granulated)
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla extract or desired flavoring (I like almond myself)
1 tsp. salt

Instructions
Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix well. Mix dry ingredients and add a little at a time to butter mixture. Mix until flour is completely incorporated and the dough comes together.
1.Chill for 1 to 2 hours (or see Hint below)
2.Roll to desired thickness and cut into desired shapes. Bake on ungreased baking sheet at 350
3.degrees for 8 to 10 minutes or until just beginning to turn brown around the edges. This recipe
4.can make up to 5-dozen 3” cookies.HINT: Rolling Out Dough Without the Mess Rather than wait for your cookie dough to
chill, take the freshly made dough and place a glob between two sheets of parchment paper.
Roll it out to the desired thickness then place the dough and paper on a cookie sheet and pop
it into the refrigerator. Continue rolling out your dough between sheets of paper until you have
used it all. By the time you are finished, the first batch will be completely chilled and ready to
cut. Reroll leftover dough and repeat the process! An added bonus is that you are not adding
any additional flour to your cookies.

RheaCakeQueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RheaCakeQueen Posted 7 Dec 2011 , 6:00pm
post #4 of 6

No, it was not the No Fail Sugar cookies, I know for a fact that there was no baking powder or baking soda in the recipe I am thinking about. I tried this recipe too, and I like it, but it does spread, at least enough to fill in the holes in this cutter.

cookiemama2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiemama2 Posted 7 Dec 2011 , 6:25pm
post #5 of 6

I bake the NFSC recipe above with no baking powder and I find it doesn't spread.

ryanmike Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ryanmike Posted 5 Jan 2012 , 3:31am
post #6 of 6

Hi RheaCakeQueen,

I believe this is the recipe you are looking for....

Short Dough (1-2-3 Cookie Dough)

1 pound granulated sugar
2 pounds unsalted butter at room temperature
3 pounds cake flour
6 oz. whole eggs.

Method of Preparation
1. This requires the creaming method. Cream the butter until soft in the mixer.
2. Add all the sugar and cream until light and fluffy on medium speed.
3. Add the eggs one at a time until totally incorporated, then scrape the bowl between each addition.
4. Stop the mixer and add all the cake flour at once, and incorporate on low speed. Be sure to scrape the bowl. Continue to mix for 1-2 minutes more.
5. Remove from bowl and portion out into large discs, about the size of what you would like to roll out.
6. Refrigerate to stiffen approximately 10-15 minutes.
7. Remove from fridge one disc at a time and roll out to about ¼ inch thickness. Cut out various shapes.
8. Bake at 325 350 degrees F for about 8-12 minutes depending on the size and thickness of the cookie.

Here is the actual site the recipe is from:

http://www.theauberginechef.com/recipes/#cookies

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%