Edible Images Changing Color

Decorating By polliwawg Updated 6 Feb 2012 , 10:30pm by Price

polliwawg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
polliwawg Posted 6 Dec 2011 , 8:07pm
post #1 of 5

I recently did a hat with an icing images to duplicate the pattern, and it changed color...I was told that it could be it was in direct light, which it wasn't, and/or the image wasn't in a graphic program, which it was in photoshop...anyone have any suggestions or solutions?

4 replies
icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 6 Dec 2011 , 11:58pm
post #2 of 5

This has to do with the type of file you used together with the printer settings. If your image was created in a word type document, a pdf or a ppt or if it ever passed through that type of program, then the picture has to be treated like a document rather than a photograph or graphic. So you will want to set your printer settings when you use this type of document to high quality and standard media. If you are printing a true graphic, that was made in a graphics program or a picture from a camera, then you want to set your quality to standard and your paper type to media.

Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 6 Feb 2012 , 9:13pm
post #3 of 5

Debbie, I've been having trouble with me images going green also. I have the canon ip3600 and almost always print from Microsoft Publisher. I had the printer pref. set at Matte Photo Paper and Standard Print Quality. I just changed the Print Quality to High, but I'm not sure what to choose for the Media. I don't see Standard as a choice. Should I set it to Plain Paper?

Thanks for your help.

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 6 Feb 2012 , 9:31pm
post #4 of 5

Yes, change it to plain paper as the paper type and the print quality to high. That will fix the problem!

Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 6 Feb 2012 , 10:30pm
post #5 of 5

Thank you so much!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%