Cake Tastings - On The Go - Your Presentation?

Decorating By CiNoRi Updated 10 Dec 2011 , 2:46am by KimmyKatCakes

CiNoRi Posted 5 Dec 2011 , 10:35pm
post #1 of 3

I have a cake tasting coming up where I will not be able to do my normal cupcakes filled and frosted with the requested pairings. The couple has asked to try 2 different cake types, multiple fillings, & multiple frostings. Since they are unsure of the actual combinations they want to try - they are cool with me brining everything separate. Then once there they can mix and match and come up with their selection. My question you have a nice way to present everything? I'm just looking for a good way to travel with everything, and still have a nice presentation.

What do you think?

2 replies
indydebi Posted 6 Dec 2011 , 1:14pm
post #2 of 3

This thread has lots of good ideas and photos. Be sure to see the pics on page 3 ... they are beautiful!

KimmyKatCakes Posted 10 Dec 2011 , 2:46am
post #3 of 3

I am a new baker and business from home and just had my first tasting yesterday. I had the couple meet me at Starbucks (a place in between our homes). I had a cupcake holder that was plastic with a snap hood with carry handle. Inside I had several decorative cupcake liners. Inside the liners I had a sample of the three flavor cakes and then I had six cupcake liners filled with the variety of flavors they asked to sample. I then provided a fork, plate and knife for each frosting.It was funny to hear the couple fight over mixing up the knives in the wrong frostings. LOL It looked nice and they were happy with the display. Got my third wedding booked. They only wanted cupcakes and a small 6" cake to cut, so I thought this fit for this couple.

Quote by @%username% on %date%