Wasc-Left Out The Sour Cream!

Baking By HokieFan Updated 5 Dec 2011 , 5:59pm by enchantedcreations

HokieFan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HokieFan Posted 5 Dec 2011 , 12:37pm
post #1 of 4

I'm using the WASC recipe for a cake this week (altered it to a yellow butter, but that shouldn't matter). I baked the cake last night, woke up this morning and found the sour cream in the fridge. The cake appears to be ok. I never realized it was missing til I found it. Thoughts on this? Should I bake a new cake or do you think it'll be okay? I only have tonight to finish this cake, as my 2nd grade class has a performance tomorrow and I won't be home from school until 8:00PM. Cake is due to my husband's office on Wednesday,

3 replies
Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 5 Dec 2011 , 12:48pm
post #2 of 4

Do you need to level the cake or otherwise cut it down before you decorate? That way you could taste the scraps to see how the cake turned out. This recipe is pretty forgiving. I just made a double recipe last night and left out half the eggs, and it still turned out really tasty and had a nice texture.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 5 Dec 2011 , 5:52pm
post #3 of 4

As the other poster said, the recipe is really forgiving icon_smile.gif
Have you had a chance to taste it yet? Let us know how it turned out.

enchantedcreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
enchantedcreations Posted 5 Dec 2011 , 5:59pm
post #4 of 4

I did the very same thing a few months back......I thought the cake was much more dense than normal, so I baked another one because I was worried the client wouldn't like it. I was concerned due to someone paying for it, etc. that I should re-do it. I used the cake w/out the sour cream for cake balls. But this was just my personal opinion. You may like it that way.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%