Color Flow Mix Substitute

Decorating By wafawafa Updated 7 Dec 2011 , 3:07am by wafawafa

wafawafa Posted 5 Dec 2011 , 9:25am
post #1 of 7

Hi all

Please can anyone help me with homemade colour flow recipe that gives the same effect as solor flow mix from wilton ?


6 replies
Marianna46 Posted 5 Dec 2011 , 12:42pm
post #2 of 7

Yes, colorflow is basically thinned down royal icing. Add water to your RI a few drops at a time to get the right consistency. Test it by picking up a little RI in a spoon and dropping it back into the mixture.
It should take about 6 seconds for the mixture to totally smooth out after you do this. HTH!

wafawafa Posted 5 Dec 2011 , 4:12pm
post #3 of 7

Thanks dear
So i can use any RI recipe ؟ and should I add the color while mixing it ? thanks

Marianna46 Posted 6 Dec 2011 , 3:56am
post #4 of 7

I don't really know how much variation there is from one RI recipe to the next, so I can't answer your first question. I've gotten lazy and have started using a prepared powder to make RI, but I think there's a recipe on the Wilton website that's fairly standard. As far as coloring, you can do it when you're mixing it (if you want it all to be the same color) or you can add it later.

wafawafa Posted 6 Dec 2011 , 4:37am
post #5 of 7

Thaaaaaank u
i appreciate your help

Marianna46 Posted 6 Dec 2011 , 11:37am
post #6 of 7

I forgot to say that in the non-Wilton world these decorations are known as icing runouts or royal icing runouts. If you look these up on the internet, you'll find lots more information.

wafawafa Posted 7 Dec 2011 , 3:07am
post #7 of 7

Marian U r amaaaaaaazing thanks for the info

Quote by @%username% on %date%