Candy Clay

Baking By ladybugspud Updated 5 Dec 2011 , 2:31pm by jgifford

ladybugspud Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladybugspud Posted 5 Dec 2011 , 2:30am
post #1 of 5

Ok so I have tried to make candy clay multiple times and each time its oily I have read where people squeeze out the oil by hand but this seems a bit far fetched yeah it kinda works but it must have an easier way to make it.
Can anyone help? I hate to have something with only two ingredients woop me

4 replies
metria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
metria Posted 5 Dec 2011 , 2:33am
post #2 of 5

what recipe are you using? what brand of candy melts?

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 5 Dec 2011 , 4:01am
post #3 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugspud

Ok so I have tried to make candy clay multiple times and each time its oily I have read where people squeeze out the oil by hand but this seems a bit far fetched yeah it kinda works but it must have an easier way to make it.
Can anyone help? I hate to have something with only two ingredients woop me

Not sure why it's "far fetched" to squeeze out excess oil..........I do it, especially if I need to use it right away, can't wait for it to rest overnight, or if I need something to be very stiff. If I can wait, I usually leave it alone.

I work with it until I can feel & see the oils and then I sit it aside, let it rest, and then go back to it.

I find it to be less soft & oily when I use glucose instead of corn syrup. I prefer Guittard A'Peels for some things and for others, I like the Merken's Super White.

Rae

jamawoops Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jamawoops Posted 5 Dec 2011 , 1:43pm
post #4 of 5

I made it one time and when I tried to squeeze the oil out I didn't seem to get a lot even though I could see it so I flattened it out a bit on wax paper and sopped up the oil with a paper towel then flipped it over and patted that side down with the paper towel then I walked away until it was time to wrap it up and let it sit over night. It worked great! Sorry for such a long run on sentence lol!!

jgifford Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jgifford Posted 5 Dec 2011 , 2:31pm
post #5 of 5

When I make it, I pick it up and knead it while it's still pretty warm. The oil just drips out. It's kind of messy, but it turns out really smooth and a lot firmer.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%