Whoopi Pie Mold - Minatures

Decorating By auntginn Updated 4 Dec 2011 , 7:42am by BlakesCakes

auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 4 Dec 2011 , 2:17am
post #1 of 8

Does anybody know where to buy the minature whoopie pie molds or what are you using to make them so small. I have a cookie sheet lollipop mold that works for the larger ones, but want to make small ones.

thank you.

7 replies
scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 4 Dec 2011 , 3:34am
post #2 of 8

I hate the molds. The bottoms are not as soft. Just use a numbered scoop on a good pan lined with parchment.

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 4 Dec 2011 , 4:30am
post #3 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntginn

Does anybody know where to buy the minature whoopie pie molds or what are you using to make them so small. I have a cookie sheet lollipop mold that works for the larger ones, but want to make small ones.

thank you.

The Crate & Barrel store near me has them--I just bought 2 pans last night-- but they're no longer available online.

Never bought from this site, but they have a nice 24 cavity pan:
http://www.langtoninfo.com/showitem.aspx?isbn=5028250175878

HTH
Rae

scp1127 Posted 4 Dec 2011 , 4:36am
post #4 of 8

Those molds require lubrication. Even if you wipe it out, on those delicate batters, it discolors and hardens. If you don't use lubrication, they stick. And the bottoms are harder. The pans are dark and inferior to my WS sheet pans. With premium pans and parchment, the bottoms are as soft as the middle.

BlakesCakes Posted 4 Dec 2011 , 4:48am
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by scp1127

Those molds require lubrication. Even if you wipe it out, on those delicate batters, it discolors and hardens. If you don't use lubrication, they stick. And the bottoms are harder. The pans are dark and inferior to my WS sheet pans. With premium pans and parchment, the bottoms are as soft as the middle.

I understand that if you're using meringue for macarons, but how in the world would cake batter--which I use for whoopie pies--ever hold it's shape without a "mold"?

Rae

auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 4 Dec 2011 , 5:02am
post #6 of 8

Thank you everyone for your help! Will check out the C&B store first then if they are out will order them from this other place. I appreciate all your help.

scp1127 Posted 4 Dec 2011 , 7:06am
post #7 of 8

I make so many whoopie flavors. I have about twenty I'm adding after Christmas. I have only used the pans two times and they are absolutely terrible. Mainly they are just cheap pans. I've never seen a pro use a mold. Even the hearts can be made with a piping bag. My whoopie recipes are nothing like my cake recipes. I develop them especially for the whoopies, as they are a top seller. The batter is between a cake and the lightest cookie batter. Some stay tall and others spread a little. The flavors I'm adding are upscale gourmet whoopies. I have a group of customers who buy every new flavor. All of my recipes are scratch so I can manipulate them easily.

BlakesCakes Posted 4 Dec 2011 , 7:42am
post #8 of 8

Un huh.

Well, yes, you can make a more on the "dough" side type of mixture and make pies without a pan--and I can see why those would work better piped on parchment..........

but.........there are those of us who choose to make them using cake batter--and my batters won't work without the pans. I have no problem at all with the larger pans (mine are Wilton). I plan to try the smaller ones next week.

They can be just cupcake tops, really, if that's what the baker wants.

Heck, some people make cupcakes, cut off the tops, use those for whoopie pies, and either ice the flattened cupcakes or use the remains for cake balls/pops. Now that's ingenuity & conservation!

Rae

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%