10-12" Fondant Roller Attachment For Kitchenaid Mixer.

Decorating By nickie409 Updated 14 Feb 2012 , 2:30am by aconsola

nickie409 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickie409 Posted 4 Dec 2011 , 12:06am
post #1 of 8

I was looking at the 7 qt mixer, and came across a thread with a link to the demo video of the NSF one. I was watching it, and about 3/4 of the way through, it shows a chef rolling fondant through a roller attachment that looks to be about 10-12" long (opening is that big). I cannot seem to locate anything on this, has anyone heard of it?

7 replies
BizCoCos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BizCoCos Posted 4 Dec 2011 , 1:55am
post #2 of 8

what???, no, someone pkease respond, this woulkd be great, I'm getting a kitchen aid for my birthday on monday, hopeit's the one you mentioned!

milkmaid42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milkmaid42 Posted 4 Dec 2011 , 3:37am
post #3 of 8

I haven't seen the size you mention, but perhaps this link might help you.

http://www.kitchenkrafts.com/fondant-sheet-roller-for-kitchenaid--mixer/p/BE0239/

I would like to get it, myself, but I already have a manual roller, (actually an Atlas pasta maker, the same 6" size), and cannot justify the expense of the attachment for my KA. Hmmmmm, just perhaps if I find it in a 12" size??
icon_rolleyes.gif

Jan

Cupcations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cupcations Posted 4 Dec 2011 , 6:40am
post #4 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickie409

I was looking at the 7 qt mixer, and came across a thread with a link to the demo video of the NSF one. I was watching it, and about 3/4 of the way through, it shows a chef rolling fondant through a roller attachment that looks to be about 10-12" long (opening is that big). I cannot seem to locate anything on this, has anyone heard of it?

Can you attach the video please? Would love to see it icon_smile.gif

MCurry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MCurry Posted 4 Dec 2011 , 12:46pm
post #5 of 8

Is the attachment you are referring to is the one for the pasta. I have seen people buy that attachment and use is for fondant rollout. I know that commercially they have a set called the pasta excellence set. Perhaps that has a 10-12 inch one in the set.

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 4 Dec 2011 , 12:58pm
post #6 of 8

It's a pasta sheeter, not a fondant roller. It's been around for a long time.

aconsola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aconsola Posted 14 Feb 2012 , 2:05am
post #7 of 8

I found this thread in a google search and had to register to post.
the video can be seen here:
http://webapps.easy2.com/cm2/flash/generic_index.asp?page_id=36268953
midway through the video it shows the roller which looks to me to be much longer than the standard kitchenaid pasta rollers. anybody know anything about this?
LL

aconsola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aconsola Posted 14 Feb 2012 , 2:30am
post #8 of 8

found a video here from 2008 showing an 8" KA dough roller that looks a lot like the one in the 7qt mixer video.
http://www.expotv.com/videos/expo/203/248/Home-Show-Kitchen-Aid-Dough-Roller-Atta/260992

more searching yielded almost nothing on the ka 8" roller other than a post in another forum stating"Apparently KA suspended the development of the roller indefinitely."

I wonder why they would use that in a product promo instead of the readily available pasta maker.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%