North Carolina Ingredient Prices

Decorating By cheeseball Updated 4 Dec 2011 , 2:28pm by ptanyer

cheeseball Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheeseball Posted 3 Dec 2011 , 7:03pm
post #1 of 6

Could I get a few Tarheels (not to exclude the Duke folks of course) to help me out? I'd like to find out supermarket and Sam's Club/Costco prices for some basic items:

Butter
All Purpose and Cake flour
Eggs
Granulated sugar
Powdered Sugar
Heavy cream
Crisco
Hershey's/Nestle's semi-sweet chocolate chips
Hershey's Cocoa - natural and special dark
Pecan halves

Thanks ever so much!

5 replies
aligotmatt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aligotmatt Posted 3 Dec 2011 , 9:52pm
post #2 of 6

Where in NC are you looking? It seems like this kind of pricing needs to be done very much at your local stores. You can go into Sam's and Costco for free not being a member and walk around and check out prices and stuff. But the price of butter is always changing. Sometimes it's $13.99 for 4 pounds, sometimes it's $9.99 I think last week when I went it was $8.89, who knows what it will be next week. I fill the bottom of my freezer with butter when it's cheap.

cheeseball Posted 4 Dec 2011 , 3:25am
post #3 of 6

Golly. Remember waaaay back when it was six bucks for a four pack?! I just paid $7.50USD for a kilo of butter at a Sam's in Mexico yesterday. I wish I could go wandering around, but I'm not in the country at the moment, so I appreciate the info from any part of NC. Thanks!

ptanyer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ptanyer Posted 4 Dec 2011 , 4:14am
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeseball

Could I get a few Tarheels (not to exclude the Duke folks of course) to help me out? I'd like to find out supermarket and Sam's Club/Costco prices for some basic items:

Butter
All Purpose and Cake flour
Eggs
Granulated sugar
Powdered Sugar
Heavy cream
Crisco
Hershey's/Nestle's semi-sweet chocolate chips
Hershey's Cocoa - natural and special dark
Pecan halves

Thanks ever so much!

You can go online to Samsclub.com and check out the prices. I do that periodically when I make my shopping lists, that way I know what it's going to cost me before I get to the store. I don't remember a time when I found the prices different once I got to the store, and I am in Lenoir, NC. Hope that helpsicon_smile.gif

cheeseball Posted 4 Dec 2011 , 1:36pm
post #5 of 6

That does help, thank you! Are supermarket prices much higher right now?

ptanyer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ptanyer Posted 4 Dec 2011 , 2:28pm
post #6 of 6

Yes, grocery store prices are much higher, especially for butter, eggs, heavy cream and chocolate (white and chocolate). Aldi's is a great place to buy butter - $1.99/lb. I buy eggs and heavy cream pretty much exclusively at Sams due to the prices.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%