I Need Help Deciding How To Store My Cakes!!! Please

Decorating By nannye Updated 3 Dec 2011 , 3:46am by bobwonderbuns

nannye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nannye Posted 3 Dec 2011 , 3:14am
post #1 of 2

I am making a 5 tier cake and just need help deciding how to store them. I am making tomorrow for a party on sunday.
two tiers are dummys covered in fondant. the other 3 tiers are all covered in fondant and are white cake with a chantilly cream filling, lemon cake with a lemon curd filling and chocolate with a white chocolate filling.

Now putting them in the fridge is not an option, BUT some have told me never ever put fondant in the fridge because it sweats and others have said to put fondant in the fridge... So which is it???
Now this specific cake, it will get to a low of -6 degrees celcius outside. I was thinking of storing the cake in cake boxes in my car parked in the driveway, or the garage (no exhaust/fumes) to keep them cool. Is it too cold outside to do this? Is that cool enough for the fillings???
Thanks
Erin

1 reply
bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 3 Dec 2011 , 3:46am
post #2 of 2

I put fondant cakes in the frig ALL THE TIME with NO problems!! Yes, it does sweat -- and you DON'T touch it while it comes to room temp because the condensation will soak back into the fondant and make it pliable. If you do touch it you'll have fingerprints which you'll never get rid of.

Your cake sounds great -- post a picture when it's done, we'd love to see it! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%