Almond Joy Filling?

Baking By shivana1040 Updated 2 Dec 2011 , 11:33pm by sillywabbitz

shivana1040 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shivana1040 Posted 2 Dec 2011 , 9:20pm
post #1 of 3

I want to make a cake where the filling tastes like the inside of an Almond Joy Bar. I've already baked devils food cake i layers. Do any of you have a suggestion as how to make it tastes like Almond Joy? Or anything similar? Thank You!

2 replies
countrycaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
countrycaker Posted 2 Dec 2011 , 11:10pm
post #2 of 3

Here's the recipe I use for the filling when I do an almond joy cake:

1 c. sugar 1 c. evaporated milk
1/2 c. butter 3 egg yolks, beaten
1 1/3 c. coconut 1 c. slivered almonds (sometimes I use more)
1 tsp. vanilla extract

In saucepan, combine sugar, milk, butter and egg yolks. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in coconut, almonds, and vanilla. Cool completely before spreading onto cake.

I always put a layer of ganache down first, then the filling, and I also cover the cake with ganache. It sounds like you've already made your cakes so maybe it's too late for this, but the cake I use for my almond joy recipe has extra almond in it and almond creamer. My husband swears it tastes just like the candy bar and it's one of my most requested gourmet flavors. Good luck with yours - hope this helps you out!

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 2 Dec 2011 , 11:33pm
post #3 of 3

Yumm, the one countrycaker suggests sounds yummy. I assume it requires refrigeration with the egg yolks but I am not sure about that. If you want a shelf stable option, I would mix Rich's Bettercreme and Coconut pudding. You could do whipped cream and coconut pudding but it would require refrigeration.

You could add a little real coconut or better yet toasted coconut to amp up the flavor. Of course add almonds to tasteicon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%