Too High??

Business By camomama5 Updated 2 Dec 2011 , 11:19pm by kakeladi

camomama5 Posted 2 Dec 2011 , 9:18pm
post #1 of 3

2nd wedding cake order and it's for 100 people, buttercream, interlocking hearts, white roses BC and a calla lily or 2.
#2) My competitors charge about $.25 a slice more than I do for BC So I figured on $2.75 a slice for BC Feel free to check out my profile photos to get an idea of skill level. I am not as good as my competitors (yet!) One more thing, the wedding is an hour and 15 min away on New Years Eve. If it will cost me over $150 just for ingredients alone and gas for delivery is $425 too much?

2 replies
bakingpw Posted 2 Dec 2011 , 11:06pm
post #2 of 3

It's going to be tough for anyone else to say if you are charging too much or not. Prices are based on a lot of things: food cost, time and labor, and of course delivery - and other variables. I do think $150. for food cost on a BC cake for 100 people is WAY TOO HIGH! Your food cost should be down to 20% or lower for BC cakes (I realize fondant is more expensive). So if you truly are going to pay $150. for ingredients, you'd have to charge $750. for the cake alone not including delivery!! I'm not suggesting you charge that much, but just to show you how high your food cost is. Just a thought/

kakeladi Posted 2 Dec 2011 , 11:19pm
post #3 of 3

If you are happy with the price per serving, then NO it is not too high. I cannot get to your pix - maybe that part of the sight is down right now icon_sad.gif If my math is close that's around 150 servings? That is down right cheap.

Quote by @%username% on %date%