teddybr218 Posted 2 Dec 2011 , 12:26am
post #1 of

I am looking for a cookie cutter, that after the cookie is made it sits on the edge of a coffee or tea cup. Have seen some cute ones made up but cannot find the cookie cutter. Of course I am probably using the wrong term for searching, there is probably a specific name for them.

Thanks, I know I can always count on the people here to have the answers.


12 replies
Nancy_TX Posted 2 Dec 2011 , 4:02am
post #2 of

They seem to be known by several names. Try:

cup adorning cookie cutters
notched cookie cutters
over the rim cookie cutters
coffee cup cookie cutters
Hookie Cookie (just don't look this one up in the urban dictionary - yipes!)

cindy58 Posted 2 Dec 2011 , 8:06am
post #3 of

Fancy Flours has some:



This ebay seller also has several different shapes, check his other items too. I have bought from him and they were nice cutters.


GeminiRJ Posted 6 Dec 2011 , 7:01pm
post #4 of

I bought mine on ebay, and they were manufactured by Birkmann. Very cute and fun! Once I had them in my hands, I can see how you can use just about any mini cutter and cut out a slot so it will fit on the coffee cup rim. Having cutters is quicker, though!!!!

jgifford Posted 6 Dec 2011 , 7:10pm
post #5 of

They're called angel wing cutters and they're all over. icon_smile.gif

sweetflowers Posted 6 Dec 2011 , 7:13pm
post #6 of

I seem to recall Wilton made some of these a couple years ago too. Not sure if they still do.

bonniebakes Posted 6 Dec 2011 , 11:11pm
post #7 of

I just saw some at Hobby Lobby yesterday.

GeminiRJ Posted 7 Dec 2011 , 6:47pm
post #8 of
Originally Posted by bonniebakes

I just saw some at Hobby Lobby yesterday.

Bonnie, do you remember what the designs were? The Birkmann cutters I got have a flower, sun, clover, and heart. The sun is impossible to get the dough out, so I don't think I'll be using that one very often! But I LOVE the hearts!

bonniebakes Posted 2 Jan 2012 , 3:11pm
post #9 of


Sorry - I didn't see this post until just now. I think the set of cutters I got were winter themed (snowflake, snowman, etc.), but they also had 2 sets with Christmas themes (dove, angel, bell, etc.). I was in Hobby Lobby again on Friday and the ones they had left are now over 50% off (they come 4 in a set with a mug).

GeminiRJ Posted 2 Jan 2012 , 5:50pm

Bonnie, they sound wonderful! I'll have to run over to Hobby Lobby and see if there are any left at the store by me! Thanks for the information!

CWR41 Posted 2 Jan 2012 , 7:24pm
Originally Posted by GeminiRJ

...I can see how you can use just about any mini cutter and cut out a slot so it will fit on the coffee cup rim.

I agree. If you have a set of numeral cutters, you could easily use a portion of a "T", "L", or an "I". For thicker mugs, a candy cane cutter works well to cut out a larger notch.

GeminiRJ Posted 3 Jan 2012 , 6:48pm

CWR41, great tips! Thank you!

teddybr218 Posted 26 Jan 2012 , 4:09am

Thanks all for the input I have check out several of the places here on the web. And of course I was at Hobby Lobby and got 4 of the mugs with them on Clearance for 75% off. So I think I am set for now.

Thanks again, you guys never fail to make sure someone has an answer.

Quote by @%username% on %date%