Cup Sitter Cookie Cutter

Baking By teddybr218 Updated 26 Jan 2012 , 4:09am by teddybr218

teddybr218 Posted 2 Dec 2011 , 12:26am
post #1 of 13

I am looking for a cookie cutter, that after the cookie is made it sits on the edge of a coffee or tea cup. Have seen some cute ones made up but cannot find the cookie cutter. Of course I am probably using the wrong term for searching, there is probably a specific name for them.

Thanks, I know I can always count on the people here to have the answers.

12 replies
Nancy_TX Posted 2 Dec 2011 , 4:02am
post #2 of 13

They seem to be known by several names. Try:

cup adorning cookie cutters
notched cookie cutters
over the rim cookie cutters
coffee cup cookie cutters
Hookie Cookie (just don't look this one up in the urban dictionary - yipes!)

GeminiRJ Posted 6 Dec 2011 , 7:01pm
post #4 of 13

I bought mine on ebay, and they were manufactured by Birkmann. Very cute and fun! Once I had them in my hands, I can see how you can use just about any mini cutter and cut out a slot so it will fit on the coffee cup rim. Having cutters is quicker, though!!!!

jgifford Posted 6 Dec 2011 , 7:10pm
post #5 of 13

They're called angel wing cutters and they're all over. icon_smile.gif

sweetflowers Posted 6 Dec 2011 , 7:13pm
post #6 of 13

I seem to recall Wilton made some of these a couple years ago too. Not sure if they still do.

bonniebakes Posted 6 Dec 2011 , 11:11pm
post #7 of 13

I just saw some at Hobby Lobby yesterday.

GeminiRJ Posted 7 Dec 2011 , 6:47pm
post #8 of 13
Originally Posted by bonniebakes

I just saw some at Hobby Lobby yesterday.

Bonnie, do you remember what the designs were? The Birkmann cutters I got have a flower, sun, clover, and heart. The sun is impossible to get the dough out, so I don't think I'll be using that one very often! But I LOVE the hearts!

bonniebakes Posted 2 Jan 2012 , 3:11pm
post #9 of 13

Sorry - I didn't see this post until just now. I think the set of cutters I got were winter themed (snowflake, snowman, etc.), but they also had 2 sets with Christmas themes (dove, angel, bell, etc.). I was in Hobby Lobby again on Friday and the ones they had left are now over 50% off (they come 4 in a set with a mug).

GeminiRJ Posted 2 Jan 2012 , 5:50pm
post #10 of 13

Bonnie, they sound wonderful! I'll have to run over to Hobby Lobby and see if there are any left at the store by me! Thanks for the information!

CWR41 Posted 2 Jan 2012 , 7:24pm
post #11 of 13
Originally Posted by GeminiRJ

...I can see how you can use just about any mini cutter and cut out a slot so it will fit on the coffee cup rim.

I agree. If you have a set of numeral cutters, you could easily use a portion of a "T", "L", or an "I". For thicker mugs, a candy cane cutter works well to cut out a larger notch.

GeminiRJ Posted 3 Jan 2012 , 6:48pm
post #12 of 13

CWR41, great tips! Thank you!

teddybr218 Posted 26 Jan 2012 , 4:09am
post #13 of 13

Thanks all for the input I have check out several of the places here on the web. And of course I was at Hobby Lobby and got 4 of the mugs with them on Clearance for 75% off. So I think I am set for now.

Thanks again, you guys never fail to make sure someone has an answer.

Quote by @%username% on %date%