Needing Some Ideas

Decorating By frasercakes2011 Updated 2 Dec 2011 , 5:26pm by frasercakes2011

frasercakes2011 Posted 1 Dec 2011 , 9:10pm
post #1 of 6

my son turns 1 on new years day! I want to make him an awesome looking cake but idk how to decorate it I made my daughters first birthday cake last year I made her a 3 tiered castle cake and I want to do something just as cool for my son.
Please give me any ideas you can think of thank you so much.

5 replies
AliBakes6167 Posted 2 Dec 2011 , 1:04am
post #2 of 6

Hi! It really depends on what your son likes? I know Elmo and Thomas the Tank Engine are really popular for 1 year olds right now.

Sassyzan Posted 2 Dec 2011 , 4:52am
post #3 of 6

There Is a really cute semi truck on wiltons website. The truck is made of mini loafs and the trailer part of it is a long loaf. I think it's so cute! For my son's first birthday, I made him a yellow ducky cake because "duck" was the only word he could say and he could spot a yellow ducky anywhere! He loved it. I made the duck body using a bowl and baked a small cake in a nice round mug to make the head. I carved off some chunks from the side of the bowl cakes to make into wings. It was the first time I ever tried anything like that and it turned out pretty cute! icon_smile.gif

frasercakes2011 Posted 2 Dec 2011 , 3:56pm
post #4 of 6

thank you for the ideas he doesnt watch much tv but he is hooked on the movie cloudy with a chance of meatballs lol a little weird

jgifford Posted 2 Dec 2011 , 4:15pm
post #5 of 6

Lol - - when my daughter was 3, she knew the entire soundtrack to Alice in Wonderlamb.

frasercakes2011 Posted 2 Dec 2011 , 5:26pm
post #6 of 6

thats too funny

Quote by @%username% on %date%