Mini Cupcakes

Baking By pmarks0 Updated 6 Dec 2011 , 1:45am by designdiva22

pmarks0 Posted 30 Nov 2011 , 10:11pm
post #1 of 6

I'm providing 5 dozen mini cupcakes for my company's Christmas lunch in 2 weeks for which I am being paid.

Any suggestions for Christmas decorating? She's left the flavours up to me, and I'm only going to be doing two, so probably chocolate and vanilla. I haven't decided if I'm just going to use ABC or go SMBC for these.

I know she'd like the decorating to be "Christmas-y". I have some of those mini cookie cutters from Wilton in the shape of a snowma and a Christmas tree. I guess I could use a little bit of fondant, and cut these shapes out and put them on top. Or perhaps colour the buttercream to be green and red? Although red will be a pita to do. Apparently her colours are blue and silver this year, but I'm not sure how I'd do that. Any decorating suggestions?

Also, I usually charge $2.50 for a regular cupcake with a basic swirl on top. I was thinking $1 - $1.25 for a mini with a swirl. Does this seem reasonable?

Thanks,
Pam

5 replies
MimiFix Posted 2 Dec 2011 , 7:40pm
post #2 of 6

I like the mini-swirl idea; nice and simple and helps to keep the cost down. You could add two leaves and drop 3 little red balls in the center to give the idea of a holly leaf.

Every holiday season I bake tiny colored sugar cookies in seasonal designs and use them to decorate cakes, cupcakes, and cookie trays. http://bakingfix.com/thefix/?p=5641 Scroll down to see the little reindeer, trees, and bells.

cheatize Posted 3 Dec 2011 , 7:53am
post #3 of 6

Pipe the swirl a little high, color the icing green, and add a few sugar pearls to make it look like a Christmas tree.

Sassyzan Posted 5 Dec 2011 , 3:07am
post #4 of 6

You can pipe some snowflakes with melted candy melts onto parchment. sprinkle them with white sugar sprinkles before they dry. They look beautiful on a blue icing swirl!

pmarks0 Posted 5 Dec 2011 , 5:14pm
post #5 of 6

Thank you all. Those are great ideas! I would have replied sooner but I wasn't getting notification. Guess they have't fixed that part with the new look. icon_wink.gif

designdiva22 Posted 6 Dec 2011 , 1:45am
post #6 of 6

I was also going to suggest light blue swirls with royal icing or white chocolate snowflakes. You could also sprinkle some white nonpareils before placing the snowflake.

Also, pointsettias and red santa hats with frosting look cute!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%