Cake For Edible Customize Pic And Ping Pong Net?

Decorating By Sal2012 Updated 1 Feb 2012 , 5:16pm by Sal2012

Sal2012 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sal2012 Posted 30 Nov 2011 , 7:50pm
post #1 of 9

Hi All,
I am new to cakes, and just start using fondont. So far I made two fondont cakes, and turned out well.

My hubby birthday is coming and I want to make a ping pong table. I am not sure what shoud I used to make net out of so it can be stand on the cake?

Also, Can anyone tell me how they edible print. I need to make a cake for my Son's birthday and I want to make playing cards. Should I print? or where should I get the print out? Anyhelp will be appreciated.
Thankss

8 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 1 Dec 2011 , 3:16am
post #2 of 9

Since you are a newbie you probably don't want to invest in 'Sugar Viel" so I suggest making the net out of royal icing. Just make a length of lattice . It iwll be delicate so make a couple incase of breakage.
For edible prints, again one would need to invest in a special printer that uses food coloring instead of ink.

There are some places that might have such a printer that would make the pic for you. Sorry, I can't point you to any certain one since we have no idea where (in the world) you live. It can be done by mail.

Sal2012 Posted 22 Dec 2011 , 4:58pm
post #3 of 9

Thank you! By the time I saw you mesg. I have a created royal icing net my own. But thank you for the great idea. I made several incase I break any. It turned out very well. Now I have to do a cake for my magician child.

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 23 Dec 2011 , 2:33pm
post #4 of 9

WHile we sell images, we do have several customers that sell them too. If you are interested, email me your zip code and I can see if I have a customer who prints in your area.

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 23 Dec 2011 , 4:24pm
post #5 of 9

There is a "homemade" version fo sugarveil recipe
egg whites

1Tbsp Cream of Tartar
2lbs Powder Sugar
1 pkg Gelatin (dissolved in a little bit of water)
2 cups marshmallows (melted)

I mixed the first 3 ingredients together for 10 minutes as if making royal........then added the Gelatin, then the Marshmellows..........beat until it is stiff enough to pipe ( maybe 5 more minutes or so)

There is a thread on it here: http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=32371&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

I have my local cake supply print my edible images. Sometimes they come out prettier than others depending on the icing sheet brand and how true their colors are that day but it wuold be fine for something like playing cards. They charge $12 for an 8X12 sheet. Since I only do this a couple of times a year it's not worth investing in my own printer...but I dream of doing so one dayicon_smile.gif

Sal2012 Posted 23 Dec 2011 , 5:29pm
post #6 of 9

my zipcode is 02465.. and thank you!!

Sal2012 Posted 23 Dec 2011 , 5:32pm
post #7 of 9

Thank you and my zipcode is 02465.

Can you please also direct me how to transfer the image on cake? is there any you tube video etc? since i m new to this.

Thanks again!

Sal2012 Posted 23 Dec 2011 , 5:33pm
post #8 of 9

Thank you and my zipcode is 02465.

Can you please also direct me how to transfer the image on cake? is there any you tube video etc? since i m new to this.

Thanks again!

Sal2012 Posted 1 Feb 2012 , 5:16pm
post #9 of 9

Thank you all!
My cakes turned out very well. Should I placed pictures? How? let me know thank you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%