Christmas/birthday Cake

Decorating By dvuong Updated 11 Dec 2011 , 9:59pm by sillywabbitz

dvuong Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dvuong Posted 30 Nov 2011 , 7:32pm
post #1 of 8

Hi everyone,

I need help coming up with an idea for a Winter themed birthday cake that will be served on Christmas day. I will need it to feed about 40 people and this will be a joint birthday celebration for 6 people of all different ages. Does anyone have any ideas for something that's gender neutral that can be enjoyed by all ages?

Thanks!!

7 replies
lovefood Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovefood Posted 1 Dec 2011 , 1:59am
post #2 of 8
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 1 Dec 2011 , 2:39am
post #3 of 8

Christmas themed cakes will certainly be gender nutural icon_smile.gif Here are a few ideas that might help:

This 1st one could be made on a 12" cake (for enough servings) w/a name written at each candycane.
http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1293666
On this sheet idea, place the names just inside the frame/border; maybe place the flowers a bit differently so you have more/enough room for all the names icon_smile.gif http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1293137

On this idea put the names the board, either on the cornelli or under the holly leaves
http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1290246

This last idea certainly could be used for Christmas -by putting names in say every other sq, then pipe candycanes or snowmen or poinsettia or holly leaves in the others. Of course the center would contain the 'HB'day' message
http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1288955

Hope these suggestions will spark an idea for you to create your own creation icon_smile.gif

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 1 Dec 2011 , 2:53am
post #4 of 8

If you just want "winter" themed I would do a cake decorated with snowflakes on the side with six fondant or gp snowmen on top (to represent the birthday babies) wearing birthday party hats instead of winter hats.

cangela4re Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cangela4re Posted 11 Dec 2011 , 8:58pm
post #5 of 8

Ok Im going to chime in here but remember this is just ONE WOMANS opinion lol

My birthday is at Christmas time (Dec 27th) and all my life Ive never had a real birthday party (which is probably why all these people have gotten together to celebrate their Christmas-time birthdays in the first place), most of the time my gifts are/were wrapped in Christmas paper and I often wondered as a child if my presents were just "hold-backs" from Christmas lol. Its hard to get the same "Birthday Attention" other people get on their birthdays for obvious reasons, so if it were me, I wouldnt want a cake reminiscent of anything Christmas (even though Christmas is my fav holiday)....just sayin...

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 11 Dec 2011 , 9:17pm
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by cangela4re

Ok Im going to chime in here but remember this is just ONE WOMANS opinion lol

My birthday is at Christmas time (Dec 27th) and all my life Ive never had a real birthday party (which is probably why all these people have gotten together to celebrate their Christmas-time birthdays in the first place), most of the time my gifts are/were wrapped in Christmas paper and I often wondered as a child if my presents were just "hold-backs" from Christmas lol. Its hard to get the same "Birthday Attention" other people get on their birthdays for obvious reasons, so if it were me, I wouldnt want a cake reminiscent of anything Christmas (even though Christmas is my fav holiday)....just sayin...

I completely agree.I'm a Christmas baby as well. If I were asked to do a winter themed birthday cake, I would avoid Christmas all together. If they want winter, I would do the ice blue and white as a birthday present. I'm thinking I've blue package, big white bow (outlined in sanding sugar) and with a oversized gift tag with a Happy Birthday so and so message on each tag. No Christmas trees, santas or snowmen.

Cakery2012 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakery2012 Posted 11 Dec 2011 , 9:26pm
post #7 of 8

Ok you said "winter themed "Birthday . Not christmas . i agree with the poster above.make it a special Birthday.cake . what about some snowmen or penquins with party hats Or one of those pretty light icy blue cakes with snowflakes . maybe snowflakes on wires on top and sparkler candles .with.Happy Birthday written out somewhere. i made a WASC cake with candy cane pudding filling last week. It was in.a pink.princess cake and the little girl loved it.

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 11 Dec 2011 , 9:59pm
post #8 of 8

The penguins having a birthday party is a super cute ideaicon_smile.gif I can see them in their hats with the little blow toys sliding down a hill. Especially if the birthdays include kids, this is a really sweet idea.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%