Seriously?!

Lounge By cakemama22 Updated 2 Dec 2011 , 7:24pm by MimiFix

cakemama22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemama22 Posted 29 Nov 2011 , 4:10pm
post #1 of 8

Just watched next great baker last night. I'm losing more respect for Buddy every time I watch one of his shows. I can't believe he held an endurance challenge in the freezer. I mean seriously, that has nothing to do with your talent as a baker. Anyone can stand in a freezer, doesn't mean you can decorate a cake. And if one of his employees is spending more than 10 minutes in the freezer to get what they need, there's something wrong.

He's also just very rude. I don't care if you don't like the cake. It's never okay to tell someone even a rabbit wouldn't eat their carrot cake.

Am I the only one who feels this way?

7 replies
AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 29 Nov 2011 , 4:20pm
post #2 of 8

It's all for ratings. All for ratings. I don't even watch TV anymore, with the exception of a few shows.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 29 Nov 2011 , 5:46pm
post #3 of 8

Of course you're not the only one who thought the fzr bit was more than STUPID!! I hope one of those people, when they get sick will sue the daylights out of the show!

debbief Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debbief Posted 29 Nov 2011 , 7:43pm
post #4 of 8

I don't usually watch that show because I don't like the way he treats people. In my opinion, only Gordon Ramsey can get away with that...for some reason he can just pull it off. icon_lol.gif It just makes Buddy look like he's acting when he does it. Yep it's all for entertainment.

I did watch it last night and saw the freezer bit. I too thought it was ridiculous. There's no talent in standing in a freezer. Why should you get immunity because you're stupid enough to freeze your A#$ off?

QTCakes1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
QTCakes1 Posted 29 Nov 2011 , 11:42pm
post #5 of 8

I'm with you all. I didn't get the whole freezer thing either.

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 30 Nov 2011 , 12:38am
post #6 of 8

Um, and how was it that the fashionista cake was available for voting when it fell over coming out of the truck?

cakemama22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemama22 Posted 30 Nov 2011 , 3:29am
post #7 of 8

I agree, the cake looked like it never fell to begin with. If it really did fall before they placed it on the table then the overall structure may have sucked, but the cakes themselves were pretty sturdy.

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 2 Dec 2011 , 7:24pm
post #8 of 8

Thanks for the warnings; I haven't seen the show yet but apparently it's not worth it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%