Cruise Ship Near Disaster...

Decorating By candyladyhelen Updated 12 Sep 2005 , 1:50am by SquirrellyCakes

candyladyhelen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
candyladyhelen Posted 11 Sep 2005 , 9:50pm
post #1 of 5

Had to do a cruise cake for a bridal shower. The bride was going on an Alaskan cruise for the honeymoon. No problems with the cake. I found several designs to copy on the web. Do an 11 x 15 sheet cake with a carved cruise ship on top. So what's the problem, you ask? Well, on Wednesday I pulled a back muscle & could not walk or stand up straight. The pain was awful. Order was for a carrot cake. I did a spice cake mix, doctored with 1lb. shredded carrots & a can of drained pineapple. A cake that would take about 2 - 3 hrs. to make took me 2 whole days from morning til night. Just getting up to assemble all the ingredients was bad. The good news is, I did get it done & it turned out really good. They all loved it when we delivered it! But I am still in so much pain.

4 replies
tastycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tastycakes Posted 11 Sep 2005 , 10:19pm
post #2 of 5

So sorry about your back-ache! We decorators are a special breed. It's almost like show-biz, and the show must go on....!

traci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci Posted 11 Sep 2005 , 10:22pm
post #3 of 5

I am sorry to hear about your back. Not too long ago I pulled a muscle in back from carrying my 3 year old son. I had a horrible time trying to finish my orders! Anyway...your cake sounds really neat...you should post a picture of it. I hope you get to feeling better soon! icon_smile.gif
traci

candyladyhelen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
candyladyhelen Posted 11 Sep 2005 , 11:56pm
post #4 of 5

Thanks to all! I was thinking about not being able to finish. What would I do? Could I actually teach my husband to pipe a border in one easy lesson? Could he master a buttercream rose in just one try? Alas, I hope I never have to find out!

SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 12 Sep 2005 , 1:50am
post #5 of 5

Sorry about your pain kiddo! Amazing what we do when we make a committment, isn't it? Hope you feel better soon!
Hugs Squirrelly

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%