Need Simple But Pretty Idea For Hands-On Class For 115!

Baking By chanielisalevy Updated 29 Nov 2011 , 2:11pm by bobwonderbuns

chanielisalevy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chanielisalevy Posted 28 Nov 2011 , 9:28pm
post #1 of 5

I was asked to donate my time for a retreat for kids who have lost a parent. One of the activities they want is a hands on class (!) for all 115 participants. They are ordering all the supplies and compiling the kits. I need to come up with a pretty but easy idea to have the kids (high school age). I will be showing 2 fondant cookies. The first is white quilted fondant with hand rolled pearls at the intersections,

ANy ideas for a second cookie with max of 2 colors (3rd color could be white) that uses minimal or no extra tools?

TIA!

4 replies
myslady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
myslady Posted 28 Nov 2011 , 10:36pm
post #2 of 5

Something winter themed like a snowman, snowglobe, snowflake, etc or something boyish.

chanielisalevy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chanielisalevy Posted 28 Nov 2011 , 11:28pm
post #3 of 5

thanks for those ideas.

Since the cookies will be made by a bakery (they just called me today for a Friday morning class!) They are sending me 2 1/2" rounds. I love the melting snowmen except that where we live the snow hasn't even started yet! smile - any other round cookie ideas?

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 29 Nov 2011 , 12:52pm
post #4 of 5

A tye-dye design always works! No right or wrong, really. All they'll need is a toothpick for a tool and for you to demonstrate what happens when you drag it different ways thru wet icing.

Good luck with your class! This is a wonderful thing you're doing for these kids!!!

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 29 Nov 2011 , 2:11pm
post #5 of 5

Use my tye dye cookie design. Look in my pix, under the comments where I tell how to do them. If you need any more help PM me and I'll help you. Very easy! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%