I Just Had To Say...

Lounge By QTCakes1 Updated 1 Jan 2012 , 3:53am by docofthedead

QTCakes1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
QTCakes1 Posted 28 Nov 2011 , 3:52am
post #1 of 12

That there are some ridiculously, awesome decorators on here. Don't care if your home based or store front, bake from a mix or scratch, legal or illegal, hobbyist or business, you guys have some CRAZY talent!!! I see it in the cookies, cupcakes, and cake pops, not just cakes, but there are of course great cakes too. Everytime I see the most saved photos, I swear I am floored by something on there. I know we see Cake Boss and Ace of Cakes and all those "famous" decorators out there, but we definetly got people on here that can compete or even out do. Now I hope that doesn't sound like I am taking away from those in the limelight, cause I am grateful to them for making our job/craft a little more known. I just had to give major props to those on here who share those amazing photos. So remember, if you don't always see a coment, I know there is a ton of us looking, and once again, thanks for sharing. thumbs_up.gif

11 replies
jamieq Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jamieq Posted 30 Nov 2011 , 6:25pm
post #2 of 12

I am floored that no one else has replied to this!! What an incredibly wonderful thing to tell all these bakers!! A truly thoughful thing you took time out to give quite the high-five! Even though no one said anything, I am sure your comment has made the day of many... I smiled reading it! You are right on the money with that comment! I am taken aback by so many pics posted on here... serious talent!

idgalpal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
idgalpal Posted 5 Dec 2011 , 12:27am
post #3 of 12

I totally agree! There is some outrageous talent on this site. Even better, it seems everyone is willing to share information about their sources and techniques.
Thank you CCers!

molly_36 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
molly_36 Posted 5 Dec 2011 , 12:49am
post #4 of 12

Agree! There are some really wonderful people on this site that take the time to answer questions, post tutorials or jot down their best recipe. When I need help, someone is always there. Everytime! thumbs_up.gif
There is so much talent on here. I look forward to seeing what's new every day! There is at least 1 cake that blows me away on a daily basis

jgifford Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jgifford Posted 5 Dec 2011 , 4:50pm
post #5 of 12

Amen! The talent displayed here is unbelievable, and helps keep things in perspective, too.

In my own little world, there aren't too many people who can compete with my cakes. Here, I'm the one needing to get up to speed.icon_smile.gif And that's a good thing.

QTCakes1 Posted 6 Dec 2011 , 3:02pm
post #6 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by molly_36

There is at least 1 cake that blows me away on a daily basis

Me too! icon_biggrin.gif And that's why I had to say thanks for sharing! thumbs_up.gif

cakeyouverymuch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeyouverymuch Posted 6 Dec 2011 , 3:25pm
post #7 of 12

ditto

soozicake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soozicake Posted 7 Dec 2011 , 10:11am
post #8 of 12

From day one I have been absolutely amazed and delighted at the talent in our little part of this world, hence, totally addicted to CC. I have to have my daily fix.
Is there a CC Anonymous help group? Nah..... "I'm a CCaholic and I don't need help"......maybe!!

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 12 Dec 2011 , 7:28pm
post #9 of 12

I agree! There is some amazing talent on CC!! I'm so happy to call many of the decorators on CC my really good friends! I don't get on CC much but I do post pics & WOW the cakes are incredible!! I would like to say something though... not many comment on the cakes anymore. icon_sad.gif I really look forward to the comments, heck even when someone asks for advice (when they see one of my cakes) always makes my day!! CC has lost a little bit of that. It takes just as long to make a comment then it does to view the pic or like the pic. So please make someones day & comment. BTW... did I already say I agree with ya'll!! icon_smile.gif Have a wonderfully sweet day~

QTCakes1 Posted 13 Dec 2011 , 1:03am
post #10 of 12

I feel no one should look for comments. If you get them, great. If you don't, it doesn't make any one's work less then. I think the whole comment thing can be a very fine line. Some post their pics. just to show their work, not to get slammed with "can you PM how you did that", which can make some not post pics. And then there are some who post pics. just for the compliments, but then get a little upset when someone makes a suggestion of improvement. And it is those reasons why I rarely post comments. I am not here to stroke egos or bruise feelings. But I just love the fact that people post and if you think about it, with all the pics. that are on here, just the fact that people viwed your pic. or favorited it, well, that says more then just the same 'ol comment of "nice job".

stephdover4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephdover4 Posted 13 Dec 2011 , 2:55pm
post #11 of 12

On the old home page there used to be an icon that said, "Warning this website is highly addictive" (or something similar). Because of all the talent, I am truly addicted!!! icon_biggrin.gif

docofthedead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
docofthedead Posted 1 Jan 2012 , 3:53am
post #12 of 12

Although I am fairly new to this site (as a member, but have been coming here for a long time) and have not taken the time to post pics, I have been decorating cakes for about 18 years. I think it is great that you took the time to post such a great compliment! One thing that has struck me from the begining on this site, is that everybody on here is just so nice to others...there are very rarely any snide comments, and everybody is always so encouraging to other decorators, not to mention willing to help with ideas and techniques!
I love CC...and am also proud to say I'm addicted! lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%