Help!!! Fondant With Gum-Tex Not Drying!!!

Decorating By andressazanini Updated 28 Nov 2011 , 8:55pm by KoryAK

andressazanini Posted 26 Nov 2011 , 1:58pm
post #1 of 5

Hello, I have some decorations I've made for a baby shower that is to happen tomorrow. I mixed fondant with gumtex (even more than the recommended amount because it was not giving me the right consistency) and left to dry for two night and they're still soft! Any ideas??? Thanks in advance!

4 replies
cfpeoples Posted 26 Nov 2011 , 2:19pm
post #2 of 5

I have never used gumtex, but use tylose all the time. Works like a charm! I've actually made stand up toppers and had them dry and standing within about 4 or 5 hours.
Probably not much help since i'm guessing you can't get tylose today.
I have put normal gumpaste in the oven JUST under the oven light. After a couple hours i took it out and let it cool and it was pretty hard. I DON"T know how this would work for yours though and would hate to experiment on something due tomorrow. Maybe try it with a sample batch first? Hopefully someone can give you some good advice! Good luck!!

kakeladi Posted 26 Nov 2011 , 2:21pm
post #3 of 5

Do you live in an area with high humidity? Try putting the item under a lamp or in the oven with *just the loight turned on* to help dry it out.

andressazanini Posted 27 Nov 2011 , 2:26pm
post #4 of 5

Thank you for the ideas! Ill let you know how it goes but Im guessing the fondant is not the best. I just covered a cake and it's soooo soggy! icon_sad.gif

KoryAK Posted 28 Nov 2011 , 8:55pm
post #5 of 5

What type/brand of fondant did you use?

Quote by @%username% on %date%