Friday Night Cake Club 11-25-11

Decorating By catlharper Updated 26 Nov 2011 , 6:33am by kathie-d

catlharper Posted 26 Nov 2011 , 3:46am
post #1 of 7

Opening up another session of the FNCC! Who's up? Whatcha workin on?

Cat

6 replies
catlharper Posted 26 Nov 2011 , 3:51am
post #2 of 7

HAPPY THANKSGIVING! I finally got around to posting my last wedding cake of the year in the albums here. The week has been busy with other business. I am also the Asst. Manager at our apartments and this is the time of year when we have to get site inspections done. Because of the wedding cake last week I didn't get any done then so there were double for me to do this week.

As for baking...the normal pumpkin pies and I surprised my grown daughters with fudge. I only make it once a year, usually at Christmas, and they were SO surprised when we arrived with a container full for them! We have a 2yr old grandaughter and a 7mos old grandson so we had a wonderful time playing with them and spending time with all of our kids for the day. Hope all of you here in the US had a great T'giving too!

Cat

mfoxx9 Posted 26 Nov 2011 , 3:59am
post #3 of 7

Happy Thanksgiving! I'm working on two cakes tonight. One simple birthday sheet cake and a two tier baby shower cake. I'm not sure why I agreed to take both orders this week, and host Thanksgiving, too! I entertained my out-of-town family for two days, so now I'll probably be up all night tonight.

I can't quite figure out how to pull the baby shower cake together. It's a two tier (8/6) with chocolate buttercream and fondant cut-outs, based on this invitation:

http://www.tinyprints.com/product/12809/baby_shower_invitations_safari_animals.html

What I'm not sure about is how to space the fondant animals on the cakes. I also have to fit a message somewhere. Any ideas? Thanks, and have a great night!

catlharper Posted 26 Nov 2011 , 4:03am
post #4 of 7

I'd have vines going up from the front/sides of the cake to crisscross over the top. This would leave space on the front top tier and the front of the bottom tier...3 animals on the bottom tier, wording on top tier and monkeys on the vines. All flat characters and, if you have time and product, a V of palm trees as the topper.

Cat

mfoxx9 Posted 26 Nov 2011 , 4:16am
post #5 of 7

Thanks, Cat! That's very close to what I was thinking. I'm sitting here making a sketch right now. This one's not due until Sunday, so I have some time to figure it out and make it happen. It helps to have input from someone else - I appreciate it!

Michelle

catlharper Posted 26 Nov 2011 , 5:59am
post #6 of 7

Well, it looks like most people are out at events or with family or just taking some time off. Hope that everyone has a very nice weekend and I'll see you back here next Friday!

Cat

kathie-d Posted 26 Nov 2011 , 6:33am
post #7 of 7

Happy Thanksgiving weekend to all my US friends! Haven't been on here for Fiday night in a couple weeks now...by the time usually remember most everyone is gone for the night.
I only had a small 2 tier (4",6") that's for delivery tomorrow. It's for the 80th birthday of a Scottish grandmother. The woman's grandaughter (who lives in Virginia!) emailed me to make arrangements for the cake for her grandmother. It turned out quite nice with her family tartan draped down the cake and topped with a large rose. I'll try and get pics posted monday.
Was strange to be done so early tonight...done by 6 and spent the rest of the night with my family...rare for a Friday! Now it's off to bed! Night all!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%