Failure With A Georgetown Cupcake Recipe! And ?

Baking By Osgirl Updated 4 Dec 2011 , 8:59pm by Osgirl

Osgirl Posted 24 Nov 2011 , 4:33am
post #1 of 8

I made their caramel apple recipe tonight and it did not turn out! I'm in the middle of trying again. I wanted to halve the recipe but now I'm just doing a full recipe.

Here's my question-the recipe says it makes 18 cupcakes, but I've already scooped 12 and I have a ton more batter. I use a standard sized ice cream scoop just like they do. I followed the recipe to a T.

This has happened before with other recipes (not just GC recipes).

Any ideas?

7 replies
Osgirl Posted 24 Nov 2011 , 5:38am
post #2 of 8

Well, I remade this recipe and will NOT use it again. As good as the batter tastes, they are really temperamental. I much much prefer the recipe I normally use and wish I had used that one instead!

Kathy107 Posted 29 Nov 2011 , 5:30pm
post #3 of 8

Hi Osgirl, What other problems did you have with the cupcakes? And what recipe do you usually use? Thanks.

love2bake68 Posted 30 Nov 2011 , 1:18am
post #4 of 8

I just tried the Gingerbread cupcakes, recipe and found them to be a little dry and way too much ginger in the recipe. Anyone else try this recipe?

Kiddiekakes Posted 30 Nov 2011 , 1:28am
post #5 of 8

I'm not surprised..With the way they just throw ingredients into the bowls on TV and hope it turns out..I mean Really!!

Osgirl Posted 30 Nov 2011 , 2:51am
post #6 of 8

They didn't rise like I like them to. The tops felt gooey yet the inside was baked through. They actually tasted really good, and the swirl of frosting covered up the sunken-ness.

The recipe that I normally use I posted in the cupcake recipe section. I take Sprinkles' strawberry cupcake recipe and substitute the strawberry for apple, add 1 tsp cinnamon, and use some brown sugar instead of a full cup of white sugar. I LOVE this recipe.

I'm going to try the gingerbread cupcakes soon.

NessaNessa Posted 4 Dec 2011 , 11:39am
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osgirl

They didn't rise like I like them to. The tops felt gooey yet the inside was baked through. They actually tasted really good, and the swirl of frosting covered up the sunken-ness.

The recipe that I normally use I posted in the cupcake recipe section. I take Sprinkles' strawberry cupcake recipe and substitute the strawberry for apple, add 1 tsp cinnamon, and use some brown sugar instead of a full cup of white sugar. I LOVE this recipe.

I'm going to try the gingerbread cupcakes soon.

I couldnt find this recipe you are speaking of. Is it in the recipe forum or in this cupcake forum? Thanks!

Anyone who knows the answer is encouraged to answer! icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif

Osgirl Posted 4 Dec 2011 , 8:59pm
post #8 of 8

It's from their book. I think it's on the internet as well. I'll check...

Here it is:
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/45166360/ns/today-food/t/bake-delicious-pumpkin-spice-caramel-apple-cupcakes/#.Ttvf40o0s_s

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%