Stainless Steel Bowl?

Baking By Sweet_Toof Updated 24 Nov 2011 , 5:12am by CakesByTheSugarCains

Sweet_Toof Posted 24 Nov 2011 , 3:26am
post #1 of 8

hi guys icon_smile.gif
I need to make a 3d ladybird cake
usually I would bake in my tins but this time, due to the shape of the cake
I was wondering if I put my chocolate mud cake batter in in stainless steel bowl, would it bake ok in there or burn?

7 replies
AnotherCreation Posted 24 Nov 2011 , 3:57am
post #2 of 8

you can bake in the stainless bowl.....it takes a bit longer. I have used it before though. I know have the sports ball pan by wilton and use that for a lot of different cakes such as pregnant belly and football helmet. Using a coupon at Michaels it is def. worth the price!

CakesByTheSugarCains Posted 24 Nov 2011 , 4:07am
post #3 of 8

I have used the ball pan, a stainless steel bowl, and even a glass pyrex bowl. All work fine, but bake faster if you put a flower nail in the bottom of the pan (pointed side up) before you put the batter in. It comes out clean and the small shallow disk shape in the cake can be filled in with a thick frosting. Done it MANY times... works great!

ajwonka Posted 24 Nov 2011 , 4:40am
post #4 of 8

I second the need for a heating core of some sort. A doll cake dress in Pyrex bowl took forever to cook through without one!

Sweet_Toof Posted 24 Nov 2011 , 4:46am
post #5 of 8

do you guys find that by the time it finishes cooking the top is too crisp?

Sweet_Toof Posted 24 Nov 2011 , 4:46am
post #6 of 8

do you guys find that by the time it finishes cooking the top is too crisp?

Sassyzan Posted 24 Nov 2011 , 4:58am
post #7 of 8

Use the cake nail trick! It really works.

CakesByTheSugarCains Posted 24 Nov 2011 , 5:12am
post #8 of 8

If you use the flower nail, it will bake quicker in the center and not be as dry and crusty on the top. Also, if you buy the Wilton doll dress cake, there is a heating core in the center!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%