Wasc Filling Pans?

Baking By VMesser Updated 24 Nov 2011 , 10:48am by VMesser

VMesser Posted 23 Nov 2011 , 2:40am
post #1 of 6

I have read a few places that some have had issues with the WASC not rising?

I'm making 2 10x2 cakes. I was wondering how far should I fill the pans?
All the way up?
Half way up?
2/3's?
????????

Any other tips you can give me. This will be my 1st time using this recipe and i can not afford to mess up. Thanks

I will be using parchment paper circle at the bottom, baking strips, flower nail and cake release.

Thank You

5 replies
ddaigle Posted 23 Nov 2011 , 3:02am
post #2 of 6

I fill my pans 2/3. I use 2 boxes (batches) of wasc to fill 2-10x2 pans...plus I have enough extra for a 6". Are you using enough batter?

Ballymena Posted 23 Nov 2011 , 3:05am
post #3 of 6

I have never had a problem with WASC and I always double the recipe for tiered cakes. Fill the pans 2/3 full. If you are using the strips you may have to bake the cake a bit longer. I bake my cakes 25degrees less than the recipe and for quite a bit longer, solves the high middle problem. I can't give you a time because of oven temps. etc. I set my timer for the time called for and then watch it closely until it's done.

cathyscakes Posted 23 Nov 2011 , 3:24am
post #4 of 6

Also what you can do is use parchment paper strips on the inside edges of the pan, so that if it raises above the sides, its still contained, that is what I do, and I fill the pan 2/3 full.

VMesser Posted 23 Nov 2011 , 4:12am
post #5 of 6

Awesome Thank You So much. 2/3 it is.
Also Thanks for the tip on the parchment around the sides. I sure wouldn't want to have to clean up cake batter from all over my oven. icon_surprised.gif
Thanks

VMesser Posted 24 Nov 2011 , 10:48am
post #6 of 6

I put too much batter in the pans I guess. It looks like it is going to exploded. Which is ok It will be catched and all good.
But will the cake turn out ok after leveling?????

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%