Baking With Torani Syrups

Baking By chelleb1974 Updated 21 Nov 2011 , 8:17pm by aliciam

chelleb1974 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chelleb1974 Posted 21 Nov 2011 , 5:35pm
post #1 of 6

Hello Everyone,

I recently purchased a bottle of Torani Syrup (gingerbread flavor) and was wondering if anyone has baked with it? I am thinking of replacing some of the liquid in my chocolate cake with torani syrup for a chocolate gingerbread cake. I wasn't sure if the flavor would bake out of the cake or not and thought I'd ask here is anyone has had experience with it.

Thank you!
~Chelle

5 replies
tmgarcia_98 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tmgarcia_98 Posted 21 Nov 2011 , 6:46pm
post #2 of 6

I have never baked with them, but I have used the caramel flavor as a simple syrup and brushed it over the tops of cakes and cupcakes and it was really good.

KrumbsByKim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KrumbsByKim Posted 21 Nov 2011 , 6:48pm
post #3 of 6

I use the french vanilla with a white cake, usually replace about 1/2 the water with the syrup, and they turn out great!

chelleb1974 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chelleb1974 Posted 21 Nov 2011 , 7:11pm
post #4 of 6

Thanks Kim!

Thank you tmgarcia, I was thinking I could use it as a simple syrup, glad to hear someone has and it was successful!

~Chelle

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 21 Nov 2011 , 8:13pm
post #5 of 6

I agree with Kim. My first attempt I replaced all the liquid with syrup and it was crazy dense. Try 1/2 first but if you have any trouble with that you may have to cut back the amount of sugar in the recipe as well.

aliciam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aliciam Posted 21 Nov 2011 , 8:17pm
post #6 of 6

I have used the caramel syrup with vanilla buttercream and it tastes like cream caramel.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%