Lego Head Cake Question Ideas Requested

Decorating By D1976 Updated 22 Nov 2011 , 3:48am by artmojo1975

D1976 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
D1976 Posted 21 Nov 2011 , 3:39pm
post #1 of 6

http://www.andersruff.com/custom-printable-parties/birthday-parties/jeffreys-modern-lego-inspired-party-the-dessert-and-lego-candy-bar/

I want to try this for my son's birthday party.

Does anyone have an idea of how this person made the"neck" of this cake?
How does the cake set on it and not fall apart. Is it because it's covered with fondant?

Thank You.

5 replies
cupadeecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupadeecakes Posted 21 Nov 2011 , 5:26pm
post #2 of 6

My guess is that the neck is actually a small cake drum or foam core and that the head sits on a thin cake board that then sits on the neck. HTH!

D1976 Posted 21 Nov 2011 , 5:35pm
post #3 of 6

I was kind of thinking that it was probably cake boards or something. I guess my question is what about the cake that extends out past the cake boards. How does it not break?

D1976 Posted 21 Nov 2011 , 5:37pm
post #4 of 6

I just had this thought after the my last reply. If the cake itself is on a cake board and then on a cake drum for the neck than it probably should support it without breaking.

Newbieone Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Newbieone Posted 22 Nov 2011 , 1:12am
post #5 of 6

I LOVE this cake! Please post a pic when you make it.

artmojo1975 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
artmojo1975 Posted 22 Nov 2011 , 3:48am
post #6 of 6

The bottom could be a styrofoam dummy, stacked cake boards or actual cake covered with fondant. All three methods require a cake board under the larger head cake. If its styro stick the head piece with cake board underneath right on the covered styro (after fondant has set). If its cake use short dowels to support the head piece. Do the same with a cake board for the smaller top piece and use dowels in the head for support. Actually looking at it again, you may even want to put your supporting cake board 3/4 of the way up the head piece and them your top piece should be easily supported by the few inches of cake at the top of the head. Great cake, I just made one but it was Lego blocks with Legomen. So much fun!! Good luck.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%