In Shock!!!

Decorating By auntginn Updated 22 Nov 2011 , 3:21pm by step0nmi

auntginn Posted 21 Nov 2011 , 2:40am
post #1 of 7

I'm sure this is just another vent to some but its the wierdest thing that ever happen to me today.

Customer came in to pick up the Quinceanera cake she ordered for her daughters event. This is usually a stressful time for all involved to begin with but for her things were not going right. She planned for an outdoor celebration and the rain came so obviously she had to change her plans. She was running behind schedule and when she walked in the door she was yelling at someone who called her about directions. Wanting to help I asked her what direction they were coming from. I don't know why she felt she needed to turn on me but she did. She did not complain about the cake, she hardly even noticed it. In 30 seconds she was screaming at the top of her lungs. Nothing we did to calm her down helped.

She left swearing to never come back, frankly I don't think I want her to either. But didn't even give me a chance to give her set up directions so who know what the cake looked like at the event.

Just shocked over the whole thing.

Going to try and add link, if not its the pink tierred cake in my pics
http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2212377

6 replies
Apti Posted 21 Nov 2011 , 5:48am
post #2 of 7

She just snapped and you happened to be nearby. She's been planning this for 15 years, spent a fortune, and it fell apart in 10 seconds. I wouldn't worry about it.

step0nmi Posted 21 Nov 2011 , 6:05am
post #3 of 7

i wouldn't take it personal. she was upset over something else. be glad she wasn't complaining about the cake!

Kiddiekakes Posted 21 Nov 2011 , 5:49pm
post #4 of 7

Yup..she snapped.I'm sure once she has a chance to sit back and see how she behaved to you and probably others...she may email and apologize..Hopefully

auntginn Posted 22 Nov 2011 , 2:20am
post #5 of 7

Yes my friends, she did call and text me. And I guess in her own way one would call it an apology. she did explain that she acted under the weight of the stress. She didn't use the words "I'm sorry" but I really didn't expect it either. Like I said it was just a strange thing. Who can really understand what one will act like in any situation. Thank you for listening.

Apti Posted 22 Nov 2011 , 6:41am
post #6 of 7

Glad to hear all is well.

step0nmi Posted 22 Nov 2011 , 3:21pm
post #7 of 7

wow, i'm a little surprised she called and "sort of" apologized icon_lol.gif that was pretty big of her and maybe she really really liked your cake and decided she didn't want to upset her cake lady icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%