The Best Way To Make This Butterfly

Decorating By EvArt Updated 14 Mar 2012 , 11:42pm by joyandcake

EvArt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EvArt Posted 19 Nov 2011 , 11:26pm
post #1 of 9

I have found a butterfly that the bride and I have fallen love with. Trouble is it's made from a stamper onto paper. Wondering how to achieve a delicate butterfly and which medium to use, . Thinking:
* Printed onto rice paper - Then I'll be able to fold them and print different shapes (Not even sure if you can print edible ink on rice paper?)
*Piped candy melts onto wax paper.

Wishing I had it in silicone molds. lol

8 replies
JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 20 Nov 2011 , 12:02am
post #2 of 9

I LOVE the isomalt butterflies! They are gorgeous. If you want to know more, just PM me.

You can print regular ink on rice paper but of course, it would not be edible.

There are a number of very nice cutters and molds available. With the cutters you can use a VERY thin gumpaste and achieve a very nice, natural look.

Jennifer icon_smile.gif

tokazodo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tokazodo Posted 20 Nov 2011 , 12:27am
post #3 of 9

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2114975

I made this butterfly by forcing MMF through a clay extruder. I printed out a photo of a buttefly I liked, placed a piece of wax paper over the photo, and then just placed the fondant strings over the wax paper. I put the finished product into the freezer for about 10 minutes, then quickly dusted with gold pearl dust and quickly placed it on the cake while it was still solid from the freezer.

Can you use the food gels, diluted with vodka and dip the stamper in it and stamp it on fondant?

I hope this helps

Motorhead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Motorhead Posted 20 Nov 2011 , 12:50am
post #4 of 9

i made very delicate looking butterflies for my sunflower pot cake using gleatin and molds. they turned out great, simple and easy to work with. hth

tokazodo Posted 20 Nov 2011 , 12:52am
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorhead

i made very delicate looking butterflies for my sunflower pot cake using gleatin and molds. they turned out great, simple and easy to work with. hth

Your gelatin butterflies are beautiful. I wonder if you could pour the gelatin over the ink stamper and use it as a mold?

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 20 Nov 2011 , 12:53am
post #6 of 9

I love the gelatin butterflies. They look delicate but hold up well. There are gearing sheets that already have the butterfly outline and veining or you can just cut the wings out.

EvArt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EvArt Posted 27 Nov 2011 , 8:09pm
post #7 of 9

Motorhead
Your gelatin butterflies are gorgeous! Thank you for sharing. I was already wanting to try these to see how they come out, and now that I've seen yours, I'm defintely going to play with these. TYVM

tokazodo Posted 27 Nov 2011 , 8:49pm
post #8 of 9

please be sure to post a photo and let us know here when you have it up. I'd love to see it.

joyandcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joyandcake Posted 14 Mar 2012 , 11:42pm
post #9 of 9

I draw my butterflies on wafer paper. Here is the tutorial.

http://joyandcakenj.blogspot.com/2012/03/making-edible-butterflies.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%