Mmf And Cream Cheese Filling

Decorating By porcelindoll Updated 18 Nov 2011 , 10:35pm by baker101

porcelindoll Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
porcelindoll Posted 18 Nov 2011 , 7:39pm
post #1 of 5

I just finished a cake with a cream cheese filling and MMF, but now I'm not sure what to do with it. It's for tomorrow. Does it need to go in the fridge? I remember reading somewhere that MMF isn't supposed to go in the fridge.

4 replies
HootersAlicia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HootersAlicia Posted 18 Nov 2011 , 8:16pm
post #2 of 5

From what I've read on here and my own experience, you'd probably be okay leaving it out, but if you can get it into a fridge that's better. MMF can go in the fridge but when you take it out it will get some condensation on it, but if you leave it be until it dries it shouldn't mess anything up. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but it's worked for me.

Momofjaic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momofjaic Posted 18 Nov 2011 , 8:19pm
post #3 of 5

I've never done it but I've read on here several times no to use cream cheese icing under fondant. Not stable enough and a lot of people have there fondant rnd up on the floor in the morning! I know that doesn't answer you question. Maybe someone else can help. Sorry!

porcelindoll Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
porcelindoll Posted 18 Nov 2011 , 9:39pm
post #4 of 5

The thing about the condensation makes sense. Thx.

And I used buttercream under the fondant and a dam of buttercream, and just 1 layer of cream cheese filling, so hopefully my fondant will stay on the cake. This is the first cake anyone has paid me for, so I'm a little nervous.

baker101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
baker101 Posted 18 Nov 2011 , 10:35pm
post #5 of 5

I put my mmf cakes in the fridge and the freezer and nothing bad ever happens. They do get a little shiny but thats it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%