Please Help Me With My Final Project.

Lounge By slehnerd Updated 18 Nov 2011 , 6:21pm by cupadeecakes

slehnerd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
slehnerd Posted 18 Nov 2011 , 3:51pm
post #1 of 3

My instructor is having us complete a final project for my Intro to Foodservice class. He wants us to Create a plan for a food establishment of our choice. I decided to do mine on an at home cake bakery business. I think I am a little over my head. I have come up with most of what I need on my own. I have recipes, cost of goods and utilities, and how much is needed to keep the place running. My biggest problem is that he wants it to be realistic. I have searched everywhere on the internet and can't find the answers to these questions that I need to incorporate into my project:

The layout of the kitchen?

What licenses and regulations I would need to follow in my area?

I live in Allegheny County, PA. My biggest question is whether I would need a separate kitchen or just a separation in my kitchen to make this work. I have found some information about licenses and some regulations I would need to follow. Any input would be very handy in helping me piece together the final pieces of my project. Thank you in advance for an help.

2 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 18 Nov 2011 , 6:14pm
post #2 of 3

Have you thought to call your Health Dept? Or in some areas it is the Dept of Ag that handles it. They could give you the exact requirements you need for your area.

cupadeecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupadeecakes Posted 18 Nov 2011 , 6:21pm
post #3 of 3

I agree, call the health department. They will have requirements that may affect your layout greatly. When I built my home baking kitchen I had to make room for a huge 3 compartment sink, a hand sink, and a mop sink; things I had not originally planned for in my "dream" kitchen.

Best of luck on your project!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%