? About Stenciling On Bc Or Fondant

Decorating By yamber82 Updated 19 Nov 2011 , 3:22pm by HamSquad

yamber82 Posted 18 Nov 2011 , 2:48pm
post #1 of 5

i did it once with black on bc and had a problem with bleeding. would stenciling on fondant be better? i have another cake coming up. also, what is the best way to get a good black that is least likely to bleed?

4 replies
costumeczar Posted 18 Nov 2011 , 6:31pm
post #2 of 5

If you're using buttercream, start with chocolate and use black food coloring to get it to the right shade. Let it sit overnight before using it and it will get darker.

I stencil on buttercream and don't have a problem with it bleeding...what kind of buttercream were you using?

yamber82 Posted 19 Nov 2011 , 2:12am
post #3 of 5

regular o.O similiar to the wilton recipe. should i leave out all the liquid (milk)? it was condensating. i did the wet spatula technique for smoothing and i wondered if that was why it condensated? should i let the cake sit and dry for a few hours before decorating it? also i used the dark chocolate pillsbury can icing to make my black.

this cake is for next week and it's round. so far i have only stenciled on square. is it any different?

yamber82 Posted 19 Nov 2011 , 1:52pm
post #4 of 5

also i'm going to have to do it a day or so ahead of time and leave it sitting. will that be ok? i'm thinking of doing it on fondant and i'm nervous

HamSquad Posted 19 Nov 2011 , 3:22pm
post #5 of 5

I've stenciled with black BC frosting before with no bleeding. Did not use the wet spatula method, I just thinned down the BC frosting so that it was easy to smooth on the BC cake I made. I found it easy to either use can chocolate frosting died black or buying premade black frosting and thinning it down with a little water or milk. I hope this help. I've stenciled in red, blue and white. I stencil on chilled cakes, never room temp.

Quote by @%username% on %date%