Muffins......

Lounge By issybaker Updated 22 Nov 2011 , 6:52am by scp1127

issybaker Posted 18 Nov 2011 , 2:29am
post #1 of 6

Hi everyone! I have recently begun supplying a local cafe with my homemade muffins!!!!! At the first delivery, I welcomed all feedback-positive and negative alike. When I stopped in yesterday his reply was that everyone loves the texture and tastes of my product, but the general response was that they are not big enough! How do I change this without altering my recipes too much and not spoil what the customers already love and are buying??????
Thanks for your help
Issybaker-Ontario, CAN

5 replies
scp1127 Posted 18 Nov 2011 , 4:54am
post #2 of 6

Muffins will usually adapt easily to different sizes. I use tulip cups for all of my muffins and cupcakes. Not only are they bigger without being jumbo, but they look so much prettier.

issybaker Posted 21 Nov 2011 , 4:24am
post #3 of 6

Hi all!!!! I am basically looking for some tips on achieving a nice big muffin top! I can bake muffins no problem, but customer wants them bigger, so I tried a larger muffin pan size, and increased the baking powder and I simply got a really big muffin, with no dome at all??????? Please, someone send me something that could help!!!!
TFL, Issy

scp1127 Posted 21 Nov 2011 , 5:06am
post #4 of 6

Mine dome, but they are all different recipes. You may need new recipes where all components work together.

issybaker Posted 22 Nov 2011 , 4:07am
post #5 of 6

Thank you for the advice on new recipes-although I REALLY LOVE the ones I had hoped to use they don't seem to be doing the rising performance so well and I will start my hunt ASAP!!!!!
Much Appreciated!

scp1127 Posted 22 Nov 2011 , 6:52am
post #6 of 6

If they are great recipes, before you dump them, try the tulip cups. I use a high quality greaseproof tulip cup and my whole muffin is like a muffin top. The quality of the muffin is greatly increased with these liners. I also only use WS Goldtouch pans and this is a big quality increase itself. Between the two, my outsides are just as moist and tender as the insides.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%