Missing Ingredient Oh Oh! What To Do...

Baking By luvcupcakes22 Updated 20 Nov 2011 , 7:43pm by chocolate_luvr

luvcupcakes22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvcupcakes22 Posted 18 Nov 2011 , 12:18am
post #1 of 9

Hey guys, hope u can lend me a hand, i am fairly new here but I know that if someone could give me some ideas/solutions it would be you.... So I made a few batches of x-mas M&M cookie dough yesterday, planning ahead for the holidays and all... but I just baked 3 test cookies and they came out flat! I def forgot the baking soda on the recipe. So now I am not sure if I should start over or if I can somehow knead the baking soda with a little flour into the dough. It would be such a shame to waste all that butter, M&Ms, sugar, etc... icon_sad.gif I am so bummed out, hope u guys can give me some ideas to salvage the dough.

8 replies
angelleyes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelleyes Posted 18 Nov 2011 , 12:40am
post #2 of 9

I would go ahead and add it and see what it does.. It can't hurt to do it if your going to throw it away anyway

ShandraB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShandraB Posted 18 Nov 2011 , 12:48am
post #3 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelleyes

I would go ahead and add it and see what it does.. It can't hurt to do it if your going to throw it away anyway

Ditto.

luvcupcakes22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvcupcakes22 Posted 18 Nov 2011 , 1:08am
post #4 of 9

at this point you're right, nothing to lose! lol i will let u know if it works out icon_biggrin.gif thanks!

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 18 Nov 2011 , 1:19am
post #5 of 9

Whoa, ladies... many cookie recipes have no leavener. Shortbread, for instance, and many of the butter ball cookies. These M&M cookies will not be the same as in the past, but they will certainly be delicious with all that butter, sugar, and candy.

pc2420 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pc2420 Posted 18 Nov 2011 , 1:34am
post #6 of 9

I did the same thing before but I used the cookie dough when I made cupcakes I poured some of the cupcake batter inside the liners of course and made a small ball with cookie dough and put it in center and baked tasted fine, was chocolate cookie cupcakes. Just an idea icon_smile.gif

cakeyouverymuch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeyouverymuch Posted 18 Nov 2011 , 1:52am
post #7 of 9

I'm with MimiFix. Before you go messing with the dough, how do the test cookies taste and what is their texture like?

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 18 Nov 2011 , 6:50pm
post #8 of 9

If they're flat, they'd be great for making sandwich cookies! Use buttercream icing as a filling between two cookies, or fill with ice cream and freeze! It'll look like you wanted them to be flat!

chocolate_luvr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chocolate_luvr Posted 20 Nov 2011 , 7:43pm
post #9 of 9

yep go ahead. I do it all the time as well icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%