Missing Ingredient Oh Oh! What To Do...

Baking By luvcupcakes22 Updated 20 Nov 2011 , 7:43pm by chocolate_luvr

luvcupcakes22 Posted 18 Nov 2011 , 12:18am
post #1 of 9

Hey guys, hope u can lend me a hand, i am fairly new here but I know that if someone could give me some ideas/solutions it would be you.... So I made a few batches of x-mas M&M cookie dough yesterday, planning ahead for the holidays and all... but I just baked 3 test cookies and they came out flat! I def forgot the baking soda on the recipe. So now I am not sure if I should start over or if I can somehow knead the baking soda with a little flour into the dough. It would be such a shame to waste all that butter, M&Ms, sugar, etc... icon_sad.gif I am so bummed out, hope u guys can give me some ideas to salvage the dough.

8 replies
angelleyes Posted 18 Nov 2011 , 12:40am
post #2 of 9

I would go ahead and add it and see what it does.. It can't hurt to do it if your going to throw it away anyway

ShandraB Posted 18 Nov 2011 , 12:48am
post #3 of 9
Originally Posted by angelleyes

I would go ahead and add it and see what it does.. It can't hurt to do it if your going to throw it away anyway

luvcupcakes22 Posted 18 Nov 2011 , 1:08am
post #4 of 9

at this point you're right, nothing to lose! lol i will let u know if it works out icon_biggrin.gif thanks!

MimiFix Posted 18 Nov 2011 , 1:19am
post #5 of 9

Whoa, ladies... many cookie recipes have no leavener. Shortbread, for instance, and many of the butter ball cookies. These M&M cookies will not be the same as in the past, but they will certainly be delicious with all that butter, sugar, and candy.

pc2420 Posted 18 Nov 2011 , 1:34am
post #6 of 9

I did the same thing before but I used the cookie dough when I made cupcakes I poured some of the cupcake batter inside the liners of course and made a small ball with cookie dough and put it in center and baked tasted fine, was chocolate cookie cupcakes. Just an idea icon_smile.gif

cakeyouverymuch Posted 18 Nov 2011 , 1:52am
post #7 of 9

I'm with MimiFix. Before you go messing with the dough, how do the test cookies taste and what is their texture like?

GeminiRJ Posted 18 Nov 2011 , 6:50pm
post #8 of 9

If they're flat, they'd be great for making sandwich cookies! Use buttercream icing as a filling between two cookies, or fill with ice cream and freeze! It'll look like you wanted them to be flat!

chocolate_luvr Posted 20 Nov 2011 , 7:43pm
post #9 of 9

yep go ahead. I do it all the time as well icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%