Need Help For Bday Cake

Decorating By arrira Updated 12 Dec 2011 , 3:43am by shuswapcakes

arrira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arrira Posted 17 Nov 2011 , 10:08pm
post #1 of 6

Hi everyone,

I am a newbie hobby baker icon_smile.gif and was trying to make my first 2 tier cake for a toddler's bday .

I am thinking on making a marble cake but am not sure what filling will be good with it. Can anyone please suggest me a good filling with recipe. I want to use a buttercream frosting in red color on the outside, so I need the filling to taste good with marble cake and also look good with the red frosting. Also I do not want to use the same red frosting for the cake filling.

Any suggestions and tips are highly appreciated. TIA

5 replies
theresaf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
theresaf Posted 17 Nov 2011 , 11:16pm
post #2 of 6

Why dont you use the same buttercream frosting for the middle without the red coloring? Or add some chocolate to the buttercream recipe and make the filling chocolate buttercream. Good luck.

cangela4re Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cangela4re Posted 12 Dec 2011 , 1:10am
post #3 of 6

Are you going to flavor the red buttercream? Thats gonna be a lot of red food coloring so make sure you use the Wilton "no taste" red (from one newbie to another).

How about white cholocate mousse filling or even a white chocolate almond mousse (in which case you would just add some almond extract which you could also do to the buttercream to tie them together).

melanie-1221 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melanie-1221 Posted 12 Dec 2011 , 1:37am
post #4 of 6

When I do marble cake I use either buttercream , or a custard filling. I'm sure you could use just about anything, but those are what I prefer for appearance.

Sunshine0063 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sunshine0063 Posted 12 Dec 2011 , 3:06am
post #5 of 6

cangela4re
[/quote]How about white cholocate mousse filling or even a white chocolate almond mousse (in which case you would just add some almond extract which you could also do to the buttercream to tie them together).[/quote]

I would be carefull about using any kind of a nut extract because of alergies also I know you aren't supposed to give babies any kinds of nuts up to a certain age I'm not sure if that applies to extracts.

shuswapcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shuswapcakes Posted 12 Dec 2011 , 3:43am
post #6 of 6

What about a bavarian cream filling? That with marble cake is one of our most popular combinations - it tastes delicious! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%