Key Lime Pound Cake

Baking By rhopar33 Updated 17 Nov 2011 , 5:49pm by shanter

rhopar33 Posted 17 Nov 2011 , 4:18pm
post #1 of 9

I just had a client request a Key Lime Pound cake. Does anyone had a recipe for this?

8 replies
cat2512 Posted 17 Nov 2011 , 4:48pm
post #2 of 9

I want to know too! That sounds delicious and my hubby's bday is coming up and he loves Key Lime!

cocobean Posted 17 Nov 2011 , 5:19pm
post #4 of 9

I don't have a key lime pound cake recipe but here is my really good key lime cake recipe. Maybe you can adapt? icon_smile.gif

traci_doodle Posted 17 Nov 2011 , 5:19pm
post #5 of 9

I just tried the link and the recipe is gone! The site says the user either removed it or made it private.

jgifford Posted 17 Nov 2011 , 5:23pm
post #6 of 9

Wow. I've never seen that happen before. icon_confused.gif

shanter Posted 17 Nov 2011 , 5:47pm
post #7 of 9
cakeyouverymuch Posted 17 Nov 2011 , 5:49pm
post #8 of 9

I'm a big fan of making one recipe do double (or even triple or quadruple) duty. I don't know if this would work with pound cake, or if it would work with the lime flavor you need, but when I have call for a lemon cake I use my plain vanilla cake recipe and do the following:

The day before baking I zest 2-3 lemons and mix the zest with the measure of sugar called for in the recipe and seal it in a tightly closed container. When I go to mix the cake the next day I use the lemon sugar and proceed with the recipe as it is written but replace part of the liquid with the juice and pulp of the lemons I zested the night before (equal to about half a cup of lemon juice replacing half a cup of the milk the recipe calls for). I usually leave out the vanilla extract that the recipe calls for.

Do you think that might work with the limes in your case?

shanter Posted 17 Nov 2011 , 5:49pm
post #9 of 9

There are at least several recipes on the web. If you put "key lime pound cake" in a Google search, you will see them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%