Will This Serve 30 Guest's?

Decorating By sweettreat101 Updated 17 Nov 2011 , 10:05am by sweettreat101

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 17 Nov 2011 , 8:48am
post #1 of 3

I made this cake for a friend several years ago and not sure how many servings it will feed. I can't even remember if I had one layer or two. I know it was an 11x15 sheet pan because that's the largest pan I had at that time. I need to make this cake for another friend this Saturday and she needs to feed between 20 and 30 people. Would a single sheet cake torted and filled be enough? Most people don't eat the little sliver that they list in the cake serving guides. Any help greatly appreciated. TIA. http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1686073

2 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 17 Nov 2011 , 9:13am
post #2 of 3

Square/rectangle cake servings are the easiest of all to compute. The standard serving is 8 cubic inches. The picture showed a 2" high cake, so the serving size is 2" wide X 2" wide X 2" tall. Take 1/2 of the length of each side and multiply. (Round down when dealing with odd numbers.) Therefore your cake serves
1/2 of 11 = 5
1/2 of 15 = 7

5 x 7 = 35

If your customer wants to serve larger pieces that's fine, but they have to buy more cake. You base your pricing on *industry standard servings*. I've found the 8 cubic inches to be quite normal.

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 17 Nov 2011 , 10:05am
post #3 of 3

Thank you Leah. They have to travel two hours with the cake and I want to make sure there is enough for everyone. She told me 20 to 30 so it should work. I haven't made many cakes lately. More cupcake and strawberry orders than anything.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%