Help Attatching A Gumpaste "faucet"

Decorating By kel58 Updated 16 Nov 2011 , 11:11pm by kel58

kel58 Posted 16 Nov 2011 , 9:59pm
post #1 of 3

Ok so I feel like I am going to have to leave a design element off my cake.
I am making a cake that looks like a sink full of dirty dishes, It is a stainless steel sink so I make fondant panels to attatch to the sides so they stand taller than the actual cake. I also make a faucet but I am VERY skeptical that I am going to be able to get it to stay in the cake without tearing out. It is going to want to lean forward and the problem will me made worse I think because it has to go close to the edge of the cake.
It there a solution that i'm not thinking of? Im really hoping im missing something and you wonderful cakers will have a solution.

The cake just for my mom so if I have to leave it off I know it wont be a big deal and people will still get that it is a sink but it would be MUCH better with it.
Thank you!

2 replies
Nancy_TX Posted 16 Nov 2011 , 10:18pm
post #2 of 3

You could run a wire or dowel (depending on the size of the faucet) up to the end of the faucet to support it, and then cover it with either royal or fondant "water".

Here's a picture to show how you could cover the wire or dowel. (Hopefully this will work!)

kel58 Posted 16 Nov 2011 , 11:11pm
post #3 of 3

OMG THANK YOU!!!! Its all so obvious now!
Now I will have to see if I can get another support in there. I hope its not completly dry..eek.
Thanks again!

Quote by @%username% on %date%