How Many Cakes Am I Going To Throw Away!?!

Baking By Debbye27 Updated 17 Nov 2011 , 4:10am by pmarks0

Debbye27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Debbye27 Posted 16 Nov 2011 , 9:22pm
post #1 of 7

icon_sad.gif Okay- in the process of starting up a business here, everything is running pretty smoothly- except-I cannot find a good white/vanilla cake recipe! Seriously, I have tried at least 20-still not happy! Not moist or flavorful enough....now I am not having this problem with any other recipe-only white! I have one that is semi-decent, uses whipped egg whites folded into the batter, but still has a slightly meringuey taste, which I can deal with, but not nearly moist enough for the quality I want to present. Does anyone out there have a tried and true white cake recipe that they would be willing to share????????
Debbye

6 replies
Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 16 Nov 2011 , 11:05pm
post #2 of 7

look for Beyond Buttercream, formerly From Scratch San Fransisco. She has a good one.

kel58 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kel58 Posted 16 Nov 2011 , 11:52pm
post #3 of 7

Vanilla cake is also my nemisis! I have tried 7 recipes (not as many as you I know but i'm a hobby baker)and they all weren't very good and a couple were a complete disasters. Granted, I am not an expert scratch baker and something could have gone arong on my end I suppose. I have been at 2 parties that they had vanilla cake that was really good. I really wanted to ask for the recipe but didn't want to offend anyone.
I asked my grandma if she would give me her recipe that I loved as a kid, but she doesnt know where all her recipes went after she was moved to a nursing home. I guess it is time to hunt down my aunt. I really don't care for or talk to this aunt so this should be interesting.

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 17 Nov 2011 , 12:04am
post #4 of 7

White Almond Sour Cream cake...best cake recipe on here! You can omit the almond flavoring.

Lovelyladylibra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lovelyladylibra Posted 17 Nov 2011 , 12:48am
post #5 of 7

I. Use the scratch Waac cake from here. My problem is yellow cake icon_sad.gif

Rose_N_Crantz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rose_N_Crantz Posted 17 Nov 2011 , 1:29am
post #6 of 7

cakelove on youtube has an EXCELLENT yellow cake recipe. I think he calls it his butter cake recipe, but it comes out yellow and it's amazing. It's my go to recipe actually. If people don't know or care what flavor they want, I always suggest yellow cake.

pmarks0 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pmarks0 Posted 17 Nov 2011 , 4:10am
post #7 of 7

I have to agree with AnnaBakesCakes...FromScratchSF has an fantastic recipe. I don't like vanilla cakes myself, but this one was excellent.

http://fromscratchsf.wordpress.com/2011/07/26/white-cake-part-3-with-recipe/

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%