Cupcake Bouquets

Baking By valerieInga Updated 17 Nov 2011 , 12:01am by Shan1781

valerieInga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
valerieInga Posted 16 Nov 2011 , 4:16pm
post #1 of 3

Can anyone tell me how to attach cupcakes to make a bouquet, without them falling off? Thanks for any help.

2 replies
cupadeecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupadeecakes Posted 16 Nov 2011 , 4:47pm
post #2 of 3

I went to a Chattanooga Cake Club meeting last week where they did a demo on cake bouquets. They stapled small plastic drink cups together (the cupcakes just fit into the opening) until the cups fit inside the container/basket. Then they decorated the cupcakes and just popped them into the cup mold. With the sides stapled together it made for a nice mounding effect and looked very natural.

Shan1781 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shan1781 Posted 17 Nov 2011 , 12:01am
post #3 of 3

I've done a class on this

Firstly we decorated our cupcakes with buttercream and put them in the fridge to set.

While they were setting we made a small amount of green buttercream and some leaves made from satin ice.

Once the cupcake were set we placed a styrofoam ball into a bowl so that it sat snuggly in the top of the bowl. With the ball in the bowl we then put a thin layer of green buttercream on the first half of the styrofoam ball then we used double ended toothpicks to put the cupcakes on, we also added a little extra buttercream to the bottom of the cupcake to give extra strength... you just need to make sure you cover all of the styrofoam ball in buttercream so and bake the cupcakes in green liners...

I guess you could use any colour liners you like as long as your styrofoam ball is coloured the same as the liners.

HTH

Shan...xxx

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%