Problems With Duff Fondant......?!?!

Decorating By Daniellemhv Updated 16 Nov 2011 , 5:04am by scp1127

Daniellemhv Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Daniellemhv Posted 16 Nov 2011 , 3:07am
post #1 of 6

I make a lot of little fondant figures and such and recently i've found that I prefer using store bought fondant instead of making my usual MMF. I hate mixing colors and attempting reds and blacks....

I've been buying the wilton fondant but hate that it comes in such small amounts. I stumbled across duff fondant with a 50% coupon so thought it was a great deal for red and blacks especially. It tastes great! I made some elmo toppers with it and it doesn't dry!! It's definitely hard to the touch but even after almost a week I can still squash it?! I made the same thing with wilton fondant and after a day it was much more solid and dried than the duff fondant. Has anyone else had issues such as this? I tried adding tylose powder to the duff fondant and it did help but.... still not as dry as the wilton. and that bums me out.

5 replies
eringm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eringm Posted 16 Nov 2011 , 3:28am
post #2 of 6

I have never gotten it to dry hard either, even with adding tylose. I have read other posts where people have the same results. icon_sad.gif

rosey422 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rosey422 Posted 16 Nov 2011 , 3:33am
post #3 of 6

duff fondant is fonarrific fondant and yes it does not set up. I t works good on bows though they look more realistic. I prefer wilton for figurines,but i also order my fondant from desirees fondant in washington state. they are very reasonable and will match any color you need and shipping is only $5! there fondant is great for covering and making figutines and it tastes good too.

angelleyes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelleyes Posted 16 Nov 2011 , 3:40am
post #4 of 6

Did u try mixing it with gumpaste.. 50/50.. It will set up hard then

carolinagirlcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carolinagirlcakes Posted 16 Nov 2011 , 3:42am
post #5 of 6

That is why I LOVE Fondarific fondant cause it doesn't 100% set. But if you add gumpaste to it it will harden.

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 16 Nov 2011 , 5:04am
post #6 of 6

I'm with carolina. I think that's why it gets eaten. It is always a perfect consistency for eating. And in my business, taste is the priority. As a relative novice in decorating, it is the easiest to work with for me. I do small figures, but I found that they got eaten too. I love that.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%