i chose this cake in [link]

how can i making this ? icon_eek.gif
i think the baby in picture is so hard
is the flower a"gum paste"?
and what's the baby's color?

7 replies
Dayti Posted 15 Nov 2011 , 11:03pm
post #2 of 8

I think the very fact that they charge nearly US$5000 for this cake suggests that is very complex. They probably have a custom mold for the baby which would have cost them $$.

As an alternative, you can get a small mold for babies here:http://www.globalsugarart.com/product.php?id=22031&name=Small%20Baby%201%20Mold%20by%20First%20Impressions and there is a tutorial here: http://cakecentral.com/articles/683/how-to-make-a-gumpaste-baby-with-mold

The flower would be gumpaste, yes.
You would have to change the design of the cake to incorporate a smaller baby though.

Dayti Posted 15 Nov 2011 , 11:11pm
post #3 of 8

I am going to correct myself on this since I had a look through their other photos. I think they have just used a plastic doll on this cake, as they do on others!!!! The price therefore must be so high because of the Swarovski crystals.

angelleyes Posted 15 Nov 2011 , 11:38pm
post #4 of 8

I agree I think it's a plastic baby also

audrey0522 Posted 15 Nov 2011 , 11:52pm
post #5 of 8

In the FAQ section it said everything was hand made:

'Unfortunately, all of our cake toppers and decorations are hand sugar-crafted by our master cake artist exclusively for our cakes and are not sold separately."

The cakes are beautiful, I wonder if they get permission to make all the licensed characters.

cakegrandma Posted 15 Nov 2011 , 11:55pm
post #6 of 8

I just looked at this site and agree that they sure do look like dolls as I have seen a doll just like one of them. The crystals is what brings the price up so much and making flowers that would be large enough to hold a small doll. Use the baby mold from Global Sugar Art, it works beautifully.

The_Sugar_Fairy Posted 16 Nov 2011 , 12:45am
post #7 of 8

I just looked at their site too (and their Facebook page). According to their Facebook page, one of the Christening cakes uses a "high quality imported doll". It doesn't say if that one (the picture you've shown) is a doll or not though.

PetiteBeaux Posted 16 Nov 2011 , 2:45am
post #8 of 8

Dayti i like this idea
the baby mold is very nice !
i think i'll use it
Thank you very much every body(^^)

Quote by @%username% on %date%