Pme Tips Worth The Extra Money??

Baking By kimkake Updated 16 Nov 2011 , 1:50am by kimkake

kimkake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimkake Posted 15 Nov 2011 , 9:53pm
post #1 of 8

I was placing an order today for more tips and couplers, I was going to go with the PME tip 1.5 and tip 2 for my cookie work - are the PME tips that much better than Wilton tips? I have never used them before but saw on a cookie blog that PME is the only tip she will use. I do some very detailed work on cookies and was wondering if the PME tip is worth the extra money - it's $4 more per tip so if anyone out there could offer there advise I would appreciate it before I place my order.
THANKS!!

7 replies
tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 15 Nov 2011 , 10:21pm
post #2 of 8

I haven't used them yet but am ordering them for cookies and writing. It looks like they pipe much finer lines then the wilton tips. I must have read the same cookie blog (can't remember the name of it).

Dayti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dayti Posted 15 Nov 2011 , 11:35pm
post #3 of 8

They don't pipe the squirrelly lines like the Wilton ones do, especially the fine tips. They are totally seamless, which is why they work properly.

myslady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
myslady Posted 15 Nov 2011 , 11:50pm
post #4 of 8

Wiltons have a tendency to curl and pmes dont.

kimkake Posted 16 Nov 2011 , 12:15am
post #5 of 8

Though I've never used a PME tip (yet) - I know what everyone is saying about the curling - I've made up my mind.

ladyellam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyellam Posted 16 Nov 2011 , 1:20am
post #6 of 8

Totally worth the money! You won't be sorry.

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 16 Nov 2011 , 1:23am
post #7 of 8

I'm not sure if this is the blog you were referring to, which means you've already seen this, but just in case: http://karenscookieblog.com/2011/04/12/pme-tips/

kimkake Posted 16 Nov 2011 , 1:50am
post #8 of 8

Thanks for the post on karenscookie blog - I hadn't seen that post although I have been on her blog before. I had seen it on Sweetopia - I believe that's all Marian will use also is PME.
Thanks for the responses! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%