Cake For 200 Guest!!!

Decorating By sabileos1 Updated 16 Nov 2011 , 5:33am by mom2twogrlz

sabileos1  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sabileos1 Posted 15 Nov 2011 , 4:14am
post #1 of 8

my brother asked me to make the cake and cupcakes for his football banquet. They need 100 cupcakes (no biggie) and then asked for a sheet cake to look like a football field to feed 250adults!! i dont know where to begin!! should i make a couple of 12x18'' and just lay them side by side?? any ideas pleaseee!!!

7 replies
 MCurry  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MCurry Posted 15 Nov 2011 , 4:30am
post #2 of 8

That is going to be a HUGE cake! I agree with your game plan by laying them side by side. I can get about 50 slices out of a 1/2 sheet cake (18x13) when cutting at the restaurant. The cake was about 3 inches high.

Not sure where you are baking but full sized sheet pans would be ideal for this type of project.

Good luck!

step0nmi  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 15 Nov 2011 , 4:50am
post #3 of 8

http://shinymetalobjects.net/cake/calculator/test/cakulator.html <---best way to figure out your CAKEULATIONS icon_wink.gif

QTCakes1  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
QTCakes1 Posted 15 Nov 2011 , 2:34pm
post #4 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by step0nmi

http://shinymetalobjects.net/cake/calculator/test/cakulator.html <---best way to figure out your CAKEULATIONS icon_wink.gif

That is an AWESOME calculator! Thanks for sharing!

kakeladi  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 15 Nov 2011 , 2:53pm
post #5 of 8

My suggestion is to increase your idea by making a total of 4 *layers* each 12x18; two are places side-by-side, then topped with the other two so you final cake will be 24x18x4. This will give you about 215 servings. Another idea is to make two seperate 12x18x4 cakes (each a field) and display with the cuppies between them on the table. To get a few more servings add a football - an oval cake scuplted into shape or buy a football pan.
Be super sure you use a thick board - in order of my preference: one cut from wood; (at least) 1/2" foam core; or three full sheet cake boards glue together.
Next: make *sure* it will fit through all doors/hallways etc this cake must go through when delivered.

I once made a huge jungle cake (don't remember exact size now) but when delivered to a home it had to go down a narrow stairwell to the basement; we had to turn the board almost sideways to get it down there icon_sad.gif

sabileos1  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sabileos1 Posted 15 Nov 2011 , 11:30pm
post #6 of 8

ooohhh thank you all!! i didnt even think about the door issue haha!! Thanks again!!

Annabakescakes  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 16 Nov 2011 , 5:12am
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakeladi

My suggestion is to increase your idea by making a total of 4 *layers* each 12x18; two are places side-by-side, then topped with the other two so you final cake will be 24x18x4. This will give you about 215 servings. Another idea is to make two seperate 12x18x4 cakes (each a field) and display with the cuppies between them on the table. To get a few more servings add a football - an oval cake scuplted into shape or buy a football pan.
Be super sure you use a thick board - in order of my preference: one cut from wood; (at least) 1/2" foam core; or three full sheet cake boards glue together.
Next: make *sure* it will fit through all doors/hallways etc this cake must go through when delivered.

I once made a huge jungle cake (don't remember exact size now) but when delivered to a home it had to go down a narrow stairwell to the basement; we had to turn the board almost sideways to get it down there icon_sad.gif

My stomach flopped when i read that!

mom2twogrlz  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2twogrlz Posted 16 Nov 2011 , 5:33am
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by step0nmi

Love this!!!! Thanks!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%