Cake For 200 Guest!!!

Decorating By sabileos1 Updated 16 Nov 2011 , 5:33am by mom2twogrlz

sabileos1 Posted 15 Nov 2011 , 4:14am
post #1 of 8

my brother asked me to make the cake and cupcakes for his football banquet. They need 100 cupcakes (no biggie) and then asked for a sheet cake to look like a football field to feed 250adults!! i dont know where to begin!! should i make a couple of 12x18'' and just lay them side by side?? any ideas pleaseee!!!

7 replies
MCurry Posted 15 Nov 2011 , 4:30am
post #2 of 8

That is going to be a HUGE cake! I agree with your game plan by laying them side by side. I can get about 50 slices out of a 1/2 sheet cake (18x13) when cutting at the restaurant. The cake was about 3 inches high.

Not sure where you are baking but full sized sheet pans would be ideal for this type of project.

Good luck!

step0nmi Posted 15 Nov 2011 , 4:50am
post #3 of 8

http://shinymetalobjects.net/cake/calculator/test/cakulator.html <---best way to figure out your CAKEULATIONS icon_wink.gif

QTCakes1 Posted 15 Nov 2011 , 2:34pm
post #4 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by step0nmi

http://shinymetalobjects.net/cake/calculator/test/cakulator.html <---best way to figure out your CAKEULATIONS icon_wink.gif

That is an AWESOME calculator! Thanks for sharing!

kakeladi Posted 15 Nov 2011 , 2:53pm
post #5 of 8

My suggestion is to increase your idea by making a total of 4 *layers* each 12x18; two are places side-by-side, then topped with the other two so you final cake will be 24x18x4. This will give you about 215 servings. Another idea is to make two seperate 12x18x4 cakes (each a field) and display with the cuppies between them on the table. To get a few more servings add a football - an oval cake scuplted into shape or buy a football pan.
Be super sure you use a thick board - in order of my preference: one cut from wood; (at least) 1/2" foam core; or three full sheet cake boards glue together.
Next: make *sure* it will fit through all doors/hallways etc this cake must go through when delivered.

I once made a huge jungle cake (don't remember exact size now) but when delivered to a home it had to go down a narrow stairwell to the basement; we had to turn the board almost sideways to get it down there icon_sad.gif

sabileos1 Posted 15 Nov 2011 , 11:30pm
post #6 of 8

ooohhh thank you all!! i didnt even think about the door issue haha!! Thanks again!!

Annabakescakes Posted 16 Nov 2011 , 5:12am
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakeladi

My suggestion is to increase your idea by making a total of 4 *layers* each 12x18; two are places side-by-side, then topped with the other two so you final cake will be 24x18x4. This will give you about 215 servings. Another idea is to make two seperate 12x18x4 cakes (each a field) and display with the cuppies between them on the table. To get a few more servings add a football - an oval cake scuplted into shape or buy a football pan.
Be super sure you use a thick board - in order of my preference: one cut from wood; (at least) 1/2" foam core; or three full sheet cake boards glue together.
Next: make *sure* it will fit through all doors/hallways etc this cake must go through when delivered.

I once made a huge jungle cake (don't remember exact size now) but when delivered to a home it had to go down a narrow stairwell to the basement; we had to turn the board almost sideways to get it down there icon_sad.gif

My stomach flopped when i read that!

mom2twogrlz Posted 16 Nov 2011 , 5:33am
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by step0nmi

Love this!!!! Thanks!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%