Box For Pumpkin Roll

Decorating By Sassyzan Updated 1 Nov 2012 , 5:41pm by kgorhan

Sassyzan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sassyzan Posted 15 Nov 2011 , 3:15am
post #1 of 7

hi! I was asked to make a pumpkin roll for someone, and I cannot find a cake box anywhere that will fit a pumpkin roll or jelly roll cake. Does anyone have any ideas? I ended up buying a disposable aluminum pan with a lid and using that. My other idea was to get a plate/tray from the dollar store, but then I would have had to find a bag to wrap it in. Wilton only makes boxes for sheet and round cakes. Thanks!

6 replies
Momofjaic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momofjaic Posted 15 Nov 2011 , 3:56am
post #2 of 7

What about cookie boxes I think I saw some somewhere that were long sorry I don't remember where HTH!

Sassyzan Posted 15 Nov 2011 , 5:48pm
post #3 of 7

They are the right shape, but not long enough. The only ones I found were 8" long and my roll is 10". Thanks though!

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 15 Nov 2011 , 5:56pm
post #4 of 7

If you just need a one-off your best bet is probably a quarter sheet box (10"x14") or a 12"x12" box with the pumpkin roll placed diagonally.

Baker_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Baker_Rose Posted 16 Nov 2011 , 5:52pm
post #5 of 7

At the bakery where I used to work we used a 10-inch round, clear plastic high dome for cakes. The pumpkin roll went on a 10-inch round cake board and JUST fit inside the dome. It kept them nice and fresh too since it snapped tight. Easy to carry since you could stack them 4 high.

Tami icon_smile.gif

Sassyzan Posted 16 Nov 2011 , 8:14pm
post #6 of 7

thanks for the tips! i didn't think of placing it diagonally. in think that would make it look better in the box. it would look less tiny in the huge box. icon_smile.gif it was just a last-minute request, so hopefully next time i will have time to find something better.

kgorhan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kgorhan Posted 1 Nov 2012 , 5:41pm
post #7 of 7

I was looking for a container for this same purpose when I came across this thread. I finally found these:

http://plasticcontainercity.com/danish-plastic-containers.htm

HTH!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%