Need Some Ideas For This Design, Please!

Decorating By emiyeric Updated 17 Nov 2011 , 2:26pm by emiyeric

emiyeric Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emiyeric Posted 15 Nov 2011 , 1:12am
post #1 of 10

Hey guys!

My friend is having a first birthday party for her little girl, and I offered to make her cake. She's incredibly excited that I'm doing it, but of course, I'm having "caker's block" for the main part of it.

My friend is Chinese, her husband is Mexican, and she calls her little girl her little Panda Latina. She asked me to do the bottom tier (of a two-tiered cake) as a very clean, bamboo-rimmed, cherry-blossom-accented pale pink tier. The top tier is to be very bright and obnoxiously striped like a happy Mexican sarape, with perhaps some cacti instead of the bamboo as a border, a sombrero or two. I want the topper to be a RKT baby panda bear ... something super cute ... but I just ca't find a cute-enough picture of a cartoon baby panda to use for inspiration. Truly ... I can't icon_sad.gif. )Plenty of real fuzzy baby pandas, but no baby panda cartoon that just hits the nail on the head for me to model my topper after.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!!!!

9 replies
CountryRumcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CountryRumcakes Posted 15 Nov 2011 , 1:17am
post #2 of 10

Have you try in google BABY PANDA CLIP ART I just found some little cute ones. Hope you find one

emiyeric Posted 15 Nov 2011 , 11:36pm
post #3 of 10

thanks! I actually have googled it ... just haven't found the perfect panda. Hoping someone might have a picture, or a topper, or a small toy, or a ceramic panda of some sort that you might think is perfect. Ugh! Thanks!

angelleyes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelleyes Posted 15 Nov 2011 , 11:48pm
post #4 of 10

I did one for a baby shower cake.. Instead of the black I used pink.. Don't judge it's my first time playing with fondant...lol... Anyway I hope this might help you...

caymancake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caymancake Posted 15 Nov 2011 , 11:53pm
post #5 of 10

Do you have the wilton 3d bear pan? You can do the bear to look like a panda, but with some Mexican accessories to sit on top of the cake....

emiyeric Posted 16 Nov 2011 , 12:02am
post #6 of 10

Angelleyes, that's a great idea, thanks! Super cute. Her colors are pink and green anyway, so it would work really well.
Caymancake, no, the servings are way too many for the pan anyway, and I'm very comfortable carving cake, so I would just do that if I wanted a panda shape ... I like the idea of what we're going to do, but I'm just looking for the perfect panda to mold out of fondant or RKT or whatever. Thanks for the suggestion, though!

Thanks, guys!!

angelleyes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelleyes Posted 16 Nov 2011 , 12:53am
post #7 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by emiyeric

Angelleyes, that's a great idea, thanks! Super cute. Her colors are pink and green anyway, so it would work really well.
Caymancake, no, the servings are way too many for the pan anyway, and I'm very comfortable carving cake, so I would just do that if I wanted a panda shape ... I like the idea of what we're going to do, but I'm just looking for the perfect panda to mold out of fondant or RKT or whatever. Thanks for the suggestion, though!

Thanks, guys!!

Aww no prob... If u need any pointers just message me and ill try and help.. good luck

Goreti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nancy_TX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nancy_TX Posted 17 Nov 2011 , 5:37am
post #9 of 10

What about the Panda from the Littlest Pet Shop?

emiyeric Posted 17 Nov 2011 , 2:26pm
post #10 of 10

Thanks so much for all your help, and the tutorials, guys!

I love the LPS panda, hadn't even considered it! This is exactly why I love this site icon_smile.gif. Yeah!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%