Hidden Cake Zombies

Decorating By airheadkmt Updated 29 Dec 2012 , 7:57pm by hopecm22

airheadkmt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
airheadkmt Posted 14 Nov 2011 , 10:54pm
post #1 of 10

My brother and his fiance are getting married on Jan. 13th. it happens to be a Friday. Therefore making their wedding date Friday the 13th.

It's kinda a rush wedding because "they can't stand to be apart from each other." He lives in Texas and she lives in Florida.

Anywho.....I think Friday weddings are crazy, especially when all your friends and family live out of town. They want the date to the the 13th because of the 13th chapter of Corinthians in the Bible.

So....I've been joking with dressing up like a zombie for the wedding because of the crazy date. My brother keeps telling me NO! (Party pooper) So I informed him that I would just hide zombies on their wedding cake, to which he just snickered.

So....it's going to be a 3 tier, butter cream, with red gum paste roses cascading down.....

Where would you put the zombies, and how would you suggest doing this.

(And if you think I'm just being a jerk or not a team player then feel free to not leave your opinion icon_biggrin.gif)

9 replies
Jackie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jackie Posted 14 Nov 2011 , 11:09pm
post #2 of 10

maybe small zombies crawling through the cascading flowers, so you can't really see it until you are up close?

paulstonia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paulstonia Posted 14 Nov 2011 , 11:22pm
post #3 of 10

I think it was on here that I read this, but someone wrote about making a wedding cake that from the front was a beautiful, traditional wedding cake but on the back there were zombie fingers coming out of it. I remembered it because when my daughter gets married I would love to do this ( she's on a roller derby team, the undead betty's, and they have a zombie theme) I did a cake for my son, whose birthday is oct.30, that had a zombie face coming out and I made fingers like he was pulling himself out and they were really easy and look so cool icon_biggrin.gif

traci_doodle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci_doodle Posted 14 Nov 2011 , 11:26pm
post #4 of 10

Unfortunately, I don't have any suggestions, but I would loooove to see what you end up doing and hear about your brother's reaction. icon_smile.gif

shuswapcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shuswapcakes Posted 15 Nov 2011 , 12:13am
post #5 of 10

What if you placed a few kind of being "squished" out from each tier? Or is that too much!? icon_wink.gif I like the idea of them coming out of the roses. +1 on seeing the cake when it's done!!

Panel7124 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sebrina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sebrina Posted 15 Nov 2011 , 2:03pm
post #7 of 10

Oh, I would have to put them IN the cake! LOL! I would hollow out little spots in the cake, after it was baked of course, & slip white chocolate zombies in there & then plug the holes back with cake.
Then I would get the giggles as soon as the reception started & would probably have to leave to keep from spoiling the surprise. LOL! Good luck & be sure to let us know how it goes.

button-moon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
button-moon Posted 20 Nov 2011 , 12:02pm
post #8 of 10

ZOMBIES! LOVE zombies icon_smile.gif

maybe just hide a few skulls amongst the roses (i know they are not zombies...but they are close LOL)
or small skull heads in the middle of a few roses.

Id LOVE that icon_smile.gif

AnitaK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnitaK Posted 21 Nov 2011 , 3:49am
post #9 of 10

Not to be a stick in the mud but since they have chosen the 13th because of the Chapter in the bible defining love, I Corinthians 13, I'm not sure I would do the zombies; just because your brother snickered at the idea doesn't mean his bride will appreciate it. Definitely check with her instead of surprising her otherwise there might be hard feelings.

hopecm22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hopecm22 Posted 29 Dec 2012 , 7:57pm
post #10 of 10

AI am sure the decision has been made by now but I might have just added a small cake with a fun zombie theme to the display! Then you won't be altering the bride and grooms vision of a wedding cake!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%